I think I have found my next bike!

Dave Cr

Reaction score
Oh dear. On my way home from having a look around my nearest BMW dealer, I passed a Ducati shop. Haven't ridden it yet, but the Multistrada fits me perfectly. When I say my prayers tonight they will include the one about my wife liking the bike too.:augie

Oh dear. On my way home from having a look around my nearest BMW dealer, I passed a Ducati shop. Haven't ridden it yet, but the Multistrada fits me perfectly. When I say my prayers tonight they will include the one about my wife liking the bike too.:augie

You may have noticed that this is the 1200 technical section so you may not get a lot of sensible response to this:augie

You'll regret it. Continuing the wife theme you are like a middle aged married man feeling a little jaded about his life, the daily grind, the kids and motherly wife. Then a flashy, tight little Italian number comes and makes eyes at you. If you're not careful it'll be a couple of nights of passion, she'll find someone richer, your wife will leave taking the house, kids and pet cat leaving you with a big alimony bill and maintenance. In a years time you'll be living in a bedsit wondering how you could have been so stupid while thinking of ways to persuade the wife to let you go back. :p

The Multistrada is the best bike I've ever ridden. I took one for a test ride and within minutes I was hitting 120 mph on bendy A roads. It's so fast and handles so well I nearly cried with joy. I could have bought one but instead got another GS as I'm old, somewhat influenced by wisdom and hope to reach my next birthday. More restrained individuals may not be so affected but then they may never understand the spirit of the thing. It makes the GS feel like a barge. Buy one at your peril

The Multistrada is the best bike I've ever ridden. I took one for a test ride and within minutes I was hitting 120 mph on bendy A roads.

That is exactly the reason I went for the GS and not an MTS, was trying to stop myself doing 120 everywhere!

Great bike, but very much superbike quick, although I did find it felt OK cruising at below prison speed, which my previous bike refused to do, the fact it would cruise at silly speeds put me off.

With the GS by a ton it is revving senseless and therefore encourages lower speed cruising. Not to mention reliability and service cost worries of a Ducati.

Plus they will also mainly be bought by posers and putting more than 1500 miles a year on one or picking up the tiniest blemish will render them worthless.

Haven't ridden a Multistrada but it seems a great bike for a sportsbike rider wanting more practicality and comfort.

One reason I got a GS was to slow down although ironically its the only bike I've had a big crash on :blast

I know bikes only go as fast as you want them too but with a MS I'd be hitting 120 at some point every ride!!

Good luck whatever you decide

That is exactly the reason I went for the GS and not an MTS, was trying to stop myself doing 120 everywhere!

Great bike, but very much superbike quick, although I did find it felt OK cruising at below prison speed, which my previous bike refused to do, the fact it would cruise at silly speeds put me off.

With the GS by a ton it is revving senseless and therefore encourages lower speed cruising. Not to mention reliability and service cost worries of a Ducati.
All good points and describes how I came to choose a GS myself.
But it sounds like the OP is not ready to choose a bike with his head rather than his heart just yet.:thumb

.......Not to mention reliability and service cost worries of a Ducati.

Plus they will also mainly be bought by posers and putting more than 1500 miles a year on one or picking up the tiniest blemish will render them worthless.

...Major service intervals every 15000 miles and Ducati have worked hard to reduce service costs.

When I am too old to ride my Aprilia Mille, I am hoping to pick up a low mileage mint Multistrada to replace both my GS and Mille.

I had a deposit down on one before they were released.

Come the test ride I couldn't get on with it.

Riding position was very uncomfortable - ride it for an hour before you disagree with me.

Adjustable suspension was wallowy and choppy at the same time on Urban, or just plain rock hard on Sport.

Couldn't see the point of the variable power modes.

Cancelled my order and bought an RT - a much better bike.

Thanks for all your responses. Will report back when we have ridden one two- up. Altho' I now qualify for a bus pass, I still enjoy a quick ride - I tell them it helps to keep my reactions sharper!:rob

what ever ya do watch the crap hand guards if you slightly catch em they snap off, and be aware there's issues with rear brakes with constant air in the system, tbh 1hr test ride aint enough you need half day on one.

Dave

Thanks for that info. My wife has been reading the comparative reviews in Bike magazine etc. and reckons that we''ll still be riding a Boxer for a while.

Back
Top Bottom