Munster monstered

GerryC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Munster failed to qualify for the quarter-finals of the Heineken Cup for the first time in 13 years after a 32-16 defeat in Toulon. :(

I haven't seen any of the weekends games yet, but I think it said on the radio earlier that the chances are there won't be a single Welsh club in the Quarter Finals. I was hoping the Scarlets would get to the final, but that now looks like a lost cause. :(

A fantastic competition though (whoever thought of it deserves a pat on the back) :clap but with 1 game to go, at the moment it looks like its going to be dominated by clubs from France and England. :tears

munster rugby

how art the mighty fallen.... O'Connells face at the end said it all,i think he needs a bit of space tonight!!

I was there and believe me, it looked a lot worse live and in the flesh.

Poor, poor selection prior to the match - Hayes was stuffed from the very first scrum. O'Gara lost his head (although I hear Contepomi has been cited for gouging?)

Plus sides - 20 degrees in the sun, fantastic atmosphere and wonderful, friendly French crowd who were genuinely delighted to welcome the Irish.

Martin Johnson must think extremely highly of Toby Flood to have him in the team in front of Jonny Wilkinson (who is revered in Toulon) - he was simply majestic.

Back
Top Bottom