Tossers-in-the-Tejeda IV - 1st-8th October 2011

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
morning_tossers.jpg

The Reservación Nacional de Sierra de Tejeda is a Spanish National Park in Andalucia about the size of an English county. It offers mile after mile of both easy and difficult trail riding. The Tejeda is used by a number of British organisations for trail riding including Trailblazers, Andalucian Trail Tours and Redtread.

For the 4th year in succession, I'm going to take a week down there in October and I invite like-minded people to join me.

It'll work like this:

• I have rented a big villa in Competa, Andalucia. The villa sleeps 16 but I am limiting the accomodation to just 11 riders
  • You'll need a lightweight trail bike
  • Bikes will be professionally transported in a closed lorry from a UK pick-up point to the villa in time for your arrival. At the end of the week they will be transported back to the same RV point. You will need to get your bike to and from the RV point at the designated times.
  • One bag of riding gear can be transported in the truck.
  • You fly to Malaga to arrive on the morning of Saturday 1 October. I've arranged a minibus transfer for transport to/from the villa (about 40 miles away)
  • At the villa you'll share a room with one other person. 10 people will share the three bathrooms (one room, mine(!!), has en-suite).
  • You'll get fed and watered 3 times a day - breakfast and dinner in the evening. A packed lunch will also be provided. Catering will be done by local staff that I have hired.
  • In the unlikely event that any of you wish to partake of alcohol, you buy your own
  • You ride wherever and whenever you want, but I'll be out on the trails each day.
  • On afternoon of Saturday 8th October you fly home from Malaga

villa.jpg

geoff.jpg

IMG_0587-2.jpg

The cost will be £665 per person. What's included;

• Bike and luggage transport (one large bag only please)
  • Airport transfers
  • Villa rental including linen and towels
  • All food and water

What's NOT included:

• Flights
  • Alcohol
  • Insurances

Last year's ride report is here. I have booked the same villa.

I already have a number of confirmed riders and would be interested in hearing from anybody else who wishes to join this trip. PMs please.

Greg

who is going then, not the old men from last year. Team jagermeister????:augie

if i wasnt already booked and paid for on a spanish trip at the same time, i would have joined you.

2012 for me then.

I'm looking forward to it

Just a post to anyone umming and arghing about doing their first trip on ukgser, this time last year I was sitting at home thinking about signing up but lacked the courage. I belived all the other members would be really skilled and I would be tagging along at the back, holding back the pack. Well I clicked on "post reply" and 6 months later met a really good bunch of people and too my surprise they were not "riding gods" ( except Timolga ), just like me they had a love of the landscape and riding bikes in warm weather. We all plodded along and met up at junctions.

My advice don't post, "you would if you were not busy" or "perhaps this time next year", grab life by the hands, its later than you think. sign up and enjoy a week in the hills with sun on your back and smile :)

I missed that you with a smile, or was it your first one happy days.:JB

Remember the Instructor at the bar by the reservoir.

Remember the instructor we met at the bar by the reservoir the other side of the national park from Competa, big Guy, I think he offered to give us some routes we could ride if we popped down to his house that night, how about this year Greg contacting him to see if he would take us out as a group for a day to gain some of his local knowledge of the hills ?. He may even know of a hill in Andalucia that is a challenge:)

I think this is his website http://www.terrafirmatours.com/index.html

Remember the instructor we met at the bar by the reservoir the other side of the national park from Competa, big Guy, I think he offered to give us some routes we could ride if we popped down to his house that night, how about this year Greg contacting him to see if he would take us out as a group for a day to gain some of his local knowledge of the hills ?. He may even know of a hill in Andalucia that is a challenge:)

I think this is his website http://www.terrafirmatours.com/index.html

Graham Ross from Trailblazers has already offered to take us out for a day.

:thumb2

Greg

Some of the best people I know originate from Leighton Buzzard

How i can send PM??? Im quite interested doing this trip if you dont mind taking some foreigner!!!

Hi Ulfhethnar, you will be made to feel very welcome the ethos of this site is travel / experiences / meeting people. If you snore though you're finished :)

Yeah but will Graham Ross show us this route

Graham Ross from Trailblazers has already offered to take us out for a day.

:thumb2

Greg

You got to go a long way to see a finer view than this :bounce1

Can Graham match this route:augie , I think not

DSCF0125.jpg

morning_tossers.jpg

The Reservación Nacional de Sierra de Tejeda is a Spanish National Park in Andalucia about the size of an English county. It offers mile after mile of both easy and difficult trail riding. The Tejeda is used by a number of British organisations for trail riding including Trailblazers, Andalucian Trail Tours and Redtread.

For the 4th year in succession, I'm going to take a week down there in October and I invite like-minded people to join me.

It'll work like this:

• I have rented a big villa in Competa, Andalucia. The villa sleeps 16 but I am limiting the accomodation to just 11 riders
  • You'll need a lightweight trail bike
  • Bikes will be professionally transported in a closed lorry from a UK pick-up point to the villa in time for your arrival. At the end of the week they will be transported back to the same RV point. You will need to get your bike to and from the RV point at the designated times.
  • One bag of riding gear can be transported in the truck.
  • You fly to Malaga to arrive on the morning of Saturday 1 October. I've arranged a minibus transfer for transport to/from the villa (about 40 miles away)
  • At the villa you'll share a room with one other person. 10 people will share the three bathrooms (one room, mine(!!), has en-suite).
  • You'll get fed and watered 3 times a day - breakfast and dinner in the evening. A packed lunch will also be provided. Catering will be done by local staff that I have hired.
  • In the unlikely event that any of you wish to partake of alcohol, you buy your own
  • You ride wherever and whenever you want, but I'll be out on the trails each day.
  • On afternoon of Saturday 8th October you fly home from Malaga

villa.jpg

geoff.jpg

IMG_0587-2.jpg

The cost will be £665 per person. What's included;

• Bike and luggage transport (one large bag only please)
  • Airport transfers
  • Villa rental including linen and towels
  • All food and water

What's NOT included:

• Flights
  • Alcohol
  • Insurances

Last year's ride report is here. I have booked the same villa.

I already have a number of confirmed riders and would be interested in hearing from anybody else who wishes to join this trip. PMs please.

Greg

Just 2 places left. PM for futher details.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom