1991 FJ1200

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I can buy this off a workmate for £500.

No MOT.
45,161 miles, he's had it since 2005. he's put on since buying it in 2005 nitron rear shock, new S/S calliper pistons front and back. New battery. new tyres. new master cylinder seals on the clutch and front brakes. comes with a new unfitted rear disc. last mot was for july 207

GIVI TOP box and panniers.

seems like a no brainer ? bike garaged, kept on an optimate.

any thoughts on these bikes?

A few of my mates have them / have had them. Brilliant bikes & 'very fast'. Sounds like a good buy with plenty miles left in it. Check out the Yamaha FJ/FJR forums on the internet, they are as passionate about them as the GS :)

I had one for 10 years, really torquey. Keep going forever. Great bike, £500 is a steal.

Break His Arm !!!!

You can keep it in top gear , nearly all day long ,
They have a huge following and knowledge base on the web
They are good for 140+ two up with luggage (on private roads !!)

You're right , seems like a no brainer !!! :D

----------------
Now playing: Billy Idol - White Wedding
via FoxyTunes

I'll give you £700 for it once you've picked it up.

Had one for 6 months in '90, unfortunately it was on load so I had to give it back ....luverly old school sports tourer. Went to Oulton last yr and there was some bugger doin a damn fine job of racing one too. Must try to dig out a pic.

i have one, that I have been modifying and restoring, super smooth at normal speeds, its nearly finished, this picture was a while ago, thats a steal at £500, the shock alone is worth £200

DSC02518.jpg

Can't believe it was 1989 when I owned these two :eek!!!

Great bike..not ( typical Jap ) built for winter use ( calipers seize/painted box section frame etc )

Attachments

• FJ1200.jpg
    FJ1200.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 419
I loved my old fj11 it was one of the ones with the 16'' front wheel. It got a bit wobbly sometimes :D especially when the top box was overloaded. but mostly it was a good solid stable machine. One of those bikes I would have again. 200miles to the tank providing it was kept below a ton :thumb mine had a problem where it kept jumping out of second (they will do 120 in second gear:bounce1). Its what killed it and nearly me in the end. just getting onto m25 j30 nailed throttle to get past truck and it jumped out of gear and went back in with full revs :eek I then pinballed into the side of a 40footer and as I was thinking I had got away with it I got slapped up the arse by a myopic twat in a mondeo :rolleyes: My fault I should not have thought I could ride round the problem. Still got hepco & becker pannier and top box rack for it if anyone is after one.

The original Road-shagger

I had one for 5 years and loved it! The paint just falls off them and the fairing rattles like a bag of dentures but what the hell. the owners club is excellent and you might want to consider some progressive springs in the front forks and possibly re-building the rear suspension linkage.

Here's mine:

FJgorge.jpg

Owned since 1990, and now on 100,000 miles. That pic was taken in 1995, somewhere in the south of France...

Subject to passing Mot. :D and a test ride.

big Givi top box that holds 2 full face lids. two Mismatched givi panniers.

Trip reset button poking out, small crack in fairing. Purple screen:confused:

started easy, sounds OK. tyres look good lots of tread, chain seems ok, lots of adjustment left.. brand new boxed rear disc,comes with an oil filter, Yamaha manual. shiny new looking battery fitted.

Biggest problem will be explaining it to the missus!

Here's mine in Slovakia, alas now Sorn'd .. surprised the Givi topbox was still there after a run down the M58 from Skelmersdale to Kirkby showing 165mph on the clock :D

... and for long trips the seat's comfier than my Adv ..

Attachments

• FJ & Danube 7.jpg
    FJ & Danube 7.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 425
Subject to passing Mot. :D and a test ride.

big Givi top box that holds 2 full face lids. two Mismatched givi panniers.

Trip reset button poking out, small crack in fairing. Purple screen:confused:

started easy, sounds OK. tyres look good lots of tread, chain seems ok, lots of adjustment left.. brand new boxed rear disc,comes with an oil filter, Yamaha manual. shiny new looking battery fitted.

Biggest problem will be explaining it to the missus!

The engine will be very buzzy and you will change into top gear at 30mph and spend the next 50 miles trying to go up another gear. I got one last year, I took it out thinking I would give it a bit of a thrash but the only gear I could redline it in was 3rd before hitting seriously illegal speeds. The FJ is plenty quick enough for public roads :D Good luck with it.

Back
Top Bottom