Finland Info

Burwickbiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Anybody got any info on travel to and camping in Finland. Fancy summit a bit different this year and never been to Scandanavia. Any help /advice welcomed

it's just like here but full of foreigners. there is the GS meeting in June near Helsinki might be good...

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254309

other than that... it's expensive camping is much the same as here but you can wild camp as long as you show some respect. There's not much to say appart from go there and have a look.

Finland is a reachable by ferries from Germany Denmark Poland Sweden etc. or by road but it's a good long way.

actually watch Bruce Parry later it'll give you a good idea....

Hi Mate.

Watched every episode of that its brill. Thanks for the info. Lookin at the GS event.Just need to make a plan

ali

there's a few plans

Toad and SamD are heading up via Tallin, the bloke who's name I forgot is going via Rostock to Helsinki. Someone else said they're crossing Harwich Esberg Stockholm Helsinki

While my plan is well in pieces as per my normal, but it involves a more formal approach....:augie

speed limits are pretty strict don't get caught, while the people I've met have all be fine the local bacon looks like they could mean business

wanted to do the latvia/estonia thing a few years ago but it never came off. This looks like a good excuse. June is a good time of yaer for getting time off. Lookin at maps as we speak to identify ferries etc

Great

Hi

Anybody got any info on travel to and camping in Finland. Fancy summit a bit different this year and never been to Scandanavia. Any help /advice welcomed

you will love Finland
plenty of camp sites
there are loads of cabins in the campsites
roads beautiful and empty except for shit loads of reindeer walking every where
but
in alot of places the great roads just end
and you end up riding on big scalpings
hair raising when fully loaded two up
we went last year
and Mrs wants to go again she loved it
what ever you do and where ever you go you will have a great time
good luck
Gaz :thumb2

I'm the person doing the Harwich/Esbjerg and Stockholm/Helsinki ferries. I'm leaving Harwich on the 14, arriving Esbjerg on 15, leaving Stockholm 16 and getting to Helsinki at 10am on the 17. The rally is the 17, 18, 19. I'm planning on getting the Sunday night ferry from Helsinki and then taking it a bit slower going across Sweden to get the ferry home on Thursday 23rd.

It's fun looking at the various ferries between Sweden and Finland - Viking Line and Tallink seem to be the most popular companies operating in the area.

still lookin at best options for leavin here at the mo as its a pain in the a**e trailing to the s coast for us northern lads. Never done the Harwich boat tho. Can get plenty o time off at that time o year so not in a rush to get back. Checked out the link that Lo Iq sent thro and looks good.

Grimsby to Gottenburg in Sweden or Katerinsand in Norway or even higher up Newcastle to Bergen then over the top....:thumb2

No Newcastle-Bergen since September 2008.:(

the gits, Oh well Grimsby it it then... if you ask'em nicely they let you drive the ferry...:thumb2

well stand next to the thing that is like a joystick which they use to drive the ferry...

need to phone them in the morning as no way to book a bike in on line as its a freighter oot o Immingham. Plot startin to come together now

I used ferries direct

:thumb2

Immingham is a bloody nightmare to drive around

I must post my pictures of the last works trip :blast

so much to do so little time:augie

used to be a trucker in a former life and was well used to dropping trailers off in the docks down there for onwards travel. Had a look at the ferries direct thing but could not see an option for bikes. Plenty of travel routes and options tho

Back
Top Bottom