Metal Mule or Zega

turpin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am looking at replacing my BM panniers with either of the above anybody have any thoughts or preferance's?

Adventure Bike Rider

This edition of ABR has a good article on all available alternates to the vario system, must admit quite tempted myself to replace my varios.

Panniers

I am looking at replacing my BM panniers with either of the above anybody have any thoughts or preferance's?

ABR has done a group test on aluminium panniers, i think they have been very kind not to upset some companys. Metal Mule and Worldbeaters are 10/10 for build, and finish. Alpos, Heavy Duty, and g+g and stahlkoffer are at the bottom of the pile.In the middle are Zega, Hepco, Krauser, and Jesse. But of course price has a major part in the choice. Buy Cheap buy twice.:blast

Spoke to metal mule today re panniers to replace BMW varios on an F650 and the BMW ones I have on my GSA. Their exhaust deal runs out on Friday I think (and soon to be replaced with another deal) which is a pretty good. Lovely bits of kit - if you can 'strike quickly' you may be able to get yourself a good deal....

Panniers

ABR has done a group test on aluminium panniers, i think they have been very kind not to upset some companys. Metal Mule and Worldbeaters are 10/10 for build, and finish. Alpos, Heavy Duty, and g+g and stahlkoffer are at the bottom of the pile.In the middle are Zega, Hepco, Krauser, and Jesse. But of course price has a major part in the choice. Buy Cheap buy twice.:blast

I recent took delivery of a pair of Stahlkoffer panniers and I must say I am delighted with them. I am not qualified to comment on the Worldbeaters as I have never used them. I am sure they are excellent and would do a great job but they were not my choice. I bought my Stahlkoffers following a visit to the makers to view them. This was followed by seeking a second opinion for which I consulted the article in ABR magazine. I am presuming that the above quote is not a direct summing up of the findings of the article as I do not recall it putting Stahlkoffer ot the bottom of the pile for build and finish. In fact Stahlkoffer finished 2nd only to Metal Mule (twice the price) and equal to Touaratech in the articles overall rating. I would be very surprised if either of these outlasted Stahlkoffers in use for the average user....not a bad result I would say and I for one am more than happy with mine irrespective of price. Of course I would be the first to accept "each to their own"!

Back
Top Bottom