Top Box for an Adventure

Senator

Took delivery of my new GS Adventure yesterday. It took a few miles to get used to it but went out for a 10 minute spin and came back 2hrs later and can't stop smiling :D

Anyway the point of this post is I can't find anyone who has a top box with a mounting for an Adventure.

BMW dealers have no idea when the BMW one will be available. Touratech have no mounting bracket for an Adventure - any ideas???

top box

my dealer in dublin has recieved 2 topboxes and fitting kits, hes waiting for one more which has gone awol during delivery..

not sure if he had to call in favours or promise other to get these boxes but it seems that they are available..

maybe they are just in short supply?

check some other dealers..

i will call and find out the whole story later..ok

regards

ian

I've got the GIVI universal base plate, and a 35lt Colour-Matched box on my Adventure.

Just remove the Grabrail, and use the clamps under the holes in the GS rack for simple (and secure) fitment.

parts list

ok have confirmation on the chages..

to put an adventure seat and backend on a normal gs

you need 4 bits, seat rear section and 2 parts for the locks.. they will fit on the frame ..

i am waiting for the item numbers and prices so will have them up after lunch

regards

ian

My dealer (SLM) fitted a 52litre Givi Maxia using a regular GS baseplate with two additional holes drilled in it. VERY solid and perfectly secure (and waterproof) after a heavily laden jaunt across France. Excellent bit of kit.

Drilling ADV Rear Rack

I would be not overly keen to drill the Alloy ADV Rack. Could lead to early fatigue especially with an overloaded topbox !

I doubt you would be covered in a warranty claim and in the event that the rack breaks and subsequent events cause an accident or lead to one, the insurance company would cite it as a non-approved modification and could wriggle out of a claim.

Not a mod I would carry out and I'm suprised BMW dealers are 'cobbling ' things like this. Better to wait until Givi/Kappa produce an official fitting kit for the ADV1150.

Sorry mate - mislead you. It's the (steel) Givi base plate that gets drilled, not the alloy rack on the Adventure.
Solid as a rock.

Back
Top Bottom