Scotland in April- Easter bank holiday ishh

pnewman

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Getting married in May:D , so last bit of freedom , thinking of island hopping and the highlands and west coast, camping alll the way (wild as much as poss and the odd b&b
Got a route planned roughly but any recommendations welcome on trip itinary...
I know its gonna be cold and probably wet but i dont mind :)
Anyone interested , i know one guy who will probably come along, best man cant as he is in USA , so anyone else looking to go upto Scotland in that easter bank holiday time when prince whatshisface is getting married , prob 7 to 10 days is more than welcome i'll be on my tenere :) btw
Cheers,

Paul

I've taken a week off around that time planning on doing a Hebridean thing, must get the bookings sorted asap....:bounce1

I've taken a week off around that time planning on doing a Hebridean thing, must get the bookings sorted asap....:bounce1

Let me know what you are doing , the hebridean area looks cool , been when i was a kid... looong time ago , yes ref bookings t ime running out and its bound to be busy..

Good book to get lists some wild camping spots COOL CAMPING SCOTLAND by rob Mckelvie & jenny Mckelvie ,will be island hopping with my bros end may to early june so will probably miss you hope ur marrying a good one or you might be looking at your last trip .?

Thanks 4 that

Yes a good un , apart from the constant nagging , purse string control and conjical rights being witheld every time i ride my bikes :rolleyes:, so all in a good un :thumb2

:comfort

Good book to get lists some wild camping spots COOL CAMPING SCOTLAND by rob Mckelvie & jenny Mckelvie ,will be island hopping with my bros end may to early june so will probably miss you hope ur marrying a good one or you might be looking at your last trip .?

Hi I am looking to do a trip to Scotlands west coast around April 23rd for a week(if I can get away with it!!) let me know your route and plans and I try and get a pass.:)
I have booked the hol off work just need to make a plan!!
Camping or youth hostels would be good to keep cost down.:thumb

Hi

Plan , haven't really got a plan , but will be leaving am on the 22nd Fri
Heading up to the west coast via galloway forest , camping here first night , then onto dunnoon, glencoe , on to skye - then who knows :)
Well thats a kind a plan.
See what comes , i'm not really into plans , ride, scenery , stop , tent up, cook , chat, sleep :)
Thats the kinda plan

Hi,
going too, with SWMBO. (All B&B's though)
Leaving Saturday 23rd- First night Callander, then on up to Skye for the second night. Ferry from skye to Mallaige, then Ferry from Kilchoan to Mull for the 3rd night.
Ferry from Cragnure (Mull) to Oban and then travel to Dunoon (via Inverary) for the ferry to Gourock and the down to Moffatt (4th night) before travelling home.

NB. Thanks to Philzafuka of this parish for the route ( did last October with the lads)

Best Regards,
John

Hi

Plan , haven't really got a plan , but will be leaving am on the 22nd Fri
Heading up to the west coast via galloway forest , camping here first night , then onto dunnoon, glencoe , on to skye - then who knows :)
Well thats a kind a plan.
See what comes , i'm not really into plans , ride, scenery , stop , tent up, cook , chat, sleep :)
Thats the kinda plan

Are you going straight up the motorway all the way or going though wales up to cheshire then motorway ? , I cant decide what to do :nenau

I'm toying with the idea of a few days in Scotland before the midge season.

Especially as 3 days leave gives you 11 days off during the wedding thing.

Hi all, I'm the we in this little trip to far off lands with pnewman. At the moment we plan to set of from my house (nr Leicester) earlyish Friday morning. Riding the exiting highway commonly known as the M6. So if any body wants to start from mine that ok or meet at one of the many services on route.
As pnewman said plan is vauge but wild camping is the preference would love to make it up to Harris then down the west coast but only time will tell.
Ian

May see some of you on the road, we are going up for 5 days over the royal wedding thingy weekend - Glencoe, plockton, applecross and ullapool

Only 5 weeks, bring it on!

I'm going via cirencester , bicester , warwick to meet up with another guy, then we will go up on the motorway , probably :)

Plan to leave Cardiff on the 24th
Day 1 Cardiff to Keswick
Day 2 Inverarary via Gourock ferry
Day 3 Applecross
Day 4 Ullapool via coast road unless its really rough.
Day 5 Sedbergh (Lake district area)
Day 6 Cardiff

Anybody got any recommendations for B&B's in Keswick, Inveraray, Applecross and Ullapool.

Back
Top Bottom