Hyperpro on 1150

raginmund

Reaction score
Anyone got experience of these? Especially for lowering the bike a bit (they say 30mm).

I notice you can buy a 'combi' front/rear set for £160, which is less than the price of a second-hand TT sport seat.

I have front and rear kit, easy to fit and nice bit of lowering to boot :)

get them if your a short ass like me it definatly lowers the bike but only when you are sitting on it so it dont mess with the side/main stand had my shocks rebuilt at the same time well worth it

Does it affect the ride dymanics at all?

Because on the move I really like the GS and it fits me well (esp with the bar risers). I'm short)ish) so I don't need to lower the pegs, and I get no buffeting from the screen for the same reason. So I can happily swing this bike at 80-90mph and sit at 100mph in relative comfort.

What I'm struggling with is stop-start traffic, especially on off-camber and cold/shitty surfaces.

I may try a stock seat first; my existing one is a gel touring seat, which may be higher/wider than normal. I get 'perched' on it and can't slide around very well.

my gsa has the low seat hypro lower shocks and i had my riding boots resoled, needed doing and i got the cobbler to put a 10mm packer between the boot and sole, i am only 27" inside leg and i can put the full ball of my foot down with regards to the springs i honestly rate them slightly firmer ride loads less sag when your loaded up and less dive when braking cal sport(free p&p) had the best price but if i remember nobody keeps them in stock

I have had a pair of the 30mm lowering ones fitted on my 1200 GSA and would say that they give a lovely smooth ride, don't really know how to describe it but the bike felt more stable at speed, which wasn't what I was looking for but a nice bonus.

I would definitely recommend them if you are a bit short in the leg and looking for a bit more 'contact' around town.

The bikes gone now so I will be listing them in the for sale area as soon as I can be arsed.

After a couple of thousand miles since fitting Hyperpro springs I would say have made definite improvement over standard rear spring, less sure about front. I fitted standard springs (not lowered) and bike is taller now than was before (32" inside leg and only just comfortable for me to put feet down now with seat on higher setting). Bike is more stable on the road, especially through fast corners, but it was running wide before due to condition of shock which was also rebuilt so difficult to say how much is down to springs.

Back
Top Bottom