TNT @ Matterley Basin on the 13th march.

todd5774

Reaction score

http://www.trackntrail.biz/event.html

''Matterley Estate ,New Venue Nr WinchesterTrack description We will be parking on top of the ridge overlooking the start /finish area. This leads into very steep scramble track. After the best part of a mile riders will disappear into the first of many wood land sections and then through cover crops more hills .The whole course takes you on tour of Matterley .more info on news page.''

I'm in..:thumb

http://www.trackntrail.biz/event.html

''Matterley Estate ,New Venue Nr WinchesterTrack description We will be parking on top of the ridge overlooking the start /finish area. This leads into very steep scramble track. After the best part of a mile riders will disappear into the first of many wood land sections and then through cover crops more hills .The whole course takes you on tour of Matterley .more info on news page.''

I'm in..:thumb

Sounds interesting!

This is what they say..

Track n Trail heading to the Materley Basin.

At last, we can confirm Round 4 Winter Series on the 13th March. We are very excited to be putting on Matterley’s first Motor Cycle Enduro. The magnificent Matterley Estate is probably best known to the public for hosting the US Army Boxing Tournament in 1944, featuring Joe Louis. This incredible fight took place in Matterley’s huge natural amphitheatre to boost moral for the troops .
In the motorcycling world, we all know Matterley as the venue for the British round of the World Grand Prix Championship in 2006 and later that year in September for MX of Nations , featuring the magnificent battle between Stefan Everts and Bubba Stuart !
Back in February 2006 we were all set to run an enduro at Matterley but after hearing plans for these huge events we agreed with Estate Owner, Peveril Bruce to stand back and support these amazing word championships. However it has taken until now for the dust to settle from these events and for us to be invited to put on an event in this huge 1200 acre estate. Although we will not be using the tracks used for the previous events, we have available to us, some of the best areas of the estate with lots of elevation and plenty of character plus wooded areas spread across the landscape. This year we are only planning a 5-6 mile course but hope that this will become a regular event with the following February seeing Track n Trail really going for it and putting on a whopper of an event. Hopefully, this will become an event for everyone’s calendar and grow year on year!

sounds like its going to be a cracking event!

See you there - No.550

Riding over from Basingstoke and possibly take some lanes iin on the way back. (mainly as I sold the Disco and don't have a tow car!)

This sounds v good, wish I knew about it earlier....I think the 2006 event was sponsored by Hew Holland? www.newholland.com maybe I can ask if we could sponsor the next enduro.....

How did you do Todd? Didn't catch up with you in the end. Only managed to do 6 Laps (although the last one run over the time). That wet chalk had me at least once :augie -

How did you do Todd? Didn't catch up with you in the end. Only managed to do 6 Laps (although the last one run over the time). That wet chalk had me at least once :augie -

Hi Mike, managed 8 laps and then retired after crashing into a tree in the second set of woods, knocked myself silly for a bit and bent my handlebars so decided to call it a day.:tears

Back
Top Bottom