staying on the bike

drimcong

Reaction score
Hi,
wanting to improve my bike skills, I had a look at the Welsh off road skills course.
it all adds up, the hire of off road gear, accommodation and the travel.
plus I have to keep doing the day-job.
Not a scrap of info on the bmw site.
Is there anything available in Ireland?
Thanx
Josey

Usually Pavey comes across for a weekend a year to do a course. Expect to pay the bones of €700 for it though.

buy an bager of bike, go practice on it and wont worry about smashing it up.

other option is go to some enduro training days.

see enduro.ie

Josey, the Off Road Skills is through the 'World of BMW' part of the UK site - http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/world-of-bmw/off-road-skills/
The Irish site is way out of date :blast

Pavey doesn't do the course over here anymore due to falling numbers & rising costs (both getting over & staying here and the old insurance problem) But the site in Mt Leinster isn't a patch on the Brecon Beacons. I've done it twice here, along with various others from this site, and once in Wales with Glenboy. It's really good craic, in a great location with excellent instructors - in addition to Si you'll often get the likes of Dakar rider Craig Bounds & our own Gary Ennis. And it's proper instruction followed by practice rather than falling off until you get it right. And the best bit is it's someone elses bike :D

Do it, you won't regret it - I guarantee if you do Level1 you'll want to go back for Level2 ;)

A weekend in Bunclody just doesn't compare with Wales. And stay in the Mole Inn if you get a chance - very clean & new with really friendly staff.

thanx for the advice so far, much obliged.
Had thought of enduro park Hechlingen, but they don't hire out gear.
Have only heavy Rukka gear, and the baggage allowance would be used up.
Probably easier to get to Wales too.
Only thing, the beer in Frankonia is better.
regards
Josey

I did it in Bunclody....really enjoyed it in spite of the rain pouring down.
It was €600 3 years ago. Not cheap but I dented the tank on a 1200GS and broke a rocker cover and nobody batted an eyelid so allowing for that, I suppose the cost wasn't excessive. :aidan

I did the course in Wales last year. Yeah, it is really expensive, especially when you add in the boat and B+B, but it is a great course, and you'll be amazed at what you and a GS can do, especially when you need not worry about damaging the bike.
However, it was so good, I incurred an unforeseen expense....I bought an enduro bike to play about on at home!
Brendy

Back
Top Bottom