Yet another newbie please be kind

redders23

Reaction score
Hi all newbie from Oxfordshire my name is Steve

Hi new to this site but not new to biking as I’ve had a varied collection over the years from a Maggot (Honda CX500) for those old enough to remember them to ZZR1100, VFR750, FJ1200 BMW R1100RS to a Vespa 200 all of which have been great fun. My current ride is a 2007 R1200GS, and not the misses after I found out she’s been riding my now ex best mate for the last 7 months!!!

Yes I got the bike to get over her and hey it’s working so far. I’ll avoid all the jokes about riding a bike whenever you can and damp patches.

So I’m now looking to get out on two wheels as much as I can and have a week in Spain in less than two weeks and then I’ve got a fortnight off in July. I’m looking to meet new people and hey sorry guys but a nice unattached lady biker would be just fab, oh I'm back in the room!!! happy to meet new people and move forward with a fresh challenge and live life, after all its too short to sit around and sulk !!! lol

I am just the wrong side of 50 and the divorce plan is a great diet, lost over three stone and intend to keep it off!!! Paid far too much for the new suits to buy anymore!!!

I enjoy music, concerts, cinemas, riding bikes again and good food and good wine, so if I haven’t scared anyone off feel free to drop me a message.

Thanks for all the advice I’ve already had on the current trip and looking forward to the next one and meeting some nice people and getting new friends.

Greetings & salutations, welcome to the site...:thumb2

Am sure there will be like minded folk going on local ride outs in your neck of the woods. Get yourself along to some of the national events too, as they are great fun.

Enjoy the GS....:thumb

An open introduction :) Sounds like you've got yer shit behind you and getting on with it. Welcome aboard :thumb

Welcome Steve :thumb2

Hey, life begins at 50 mate. so you got your whole life ahead of you now.

:beerjug:

Wow thanks for all the replies and yes I hope to have fun on here and on the bike. Just checked the weather for rain and it not el scortchio but el rainio for the first part of the trip for most of Spain from what I can work out, but hey who cares I'll be finding the bike on great roads and good weather would just be a bonus!!! I'll update the post with my progress,:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom