Insurance Montenegro (Balkans in general)

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know there have been a few threads on this but trying to get the latest info. In 2009 we traveled through the Balkans and had cover for all the countries (named on a green card) issued by Groupama via Carole Nash. It seems that Groupama have this year restricted the countries that they issue green cards for - for instance, Morocco used to be covered but isn't any longer.

So, here's what I have:

Slovenia - covered automatically
Croatia - covered via green card
Bosnia - covered via green card (green card cost for the above two was £36.00)
Montenegro - no green card available
Serbia - no green card available.

Has anyone found away of getting a green card for Montenegro, or recent experience of getting one at the border?

hi there,its easy when you arrive in montenegro police says you should get one its is normally 40 pounds but the police is very friendly and he called the building just the back of where they are standing and 5 minutes second floor the insurance guy you just need to pay 10 euros..easy.i was there august 2010..they say normally is expensive for the cars too and i said i just need for a day transit..

When entering serbia I had to pay at boarder...that was over 5 years ago...something to to do with war torn listed with insurance companies..:nenau

In September 2010 I entered Montenegro from Albania, insurance was bought at the border crossing for 15 euros (minimum payment, even though I was just passing through for one day), seemed pretty straightforward.

Insurance - Macedonia, Albania, Serbia, Turkey (Asia)

Could not get green card or insurance for these above.

Serbia - ran through 5 hours, no insurance. Not forced to buy at border.
Macedonia - police would not let me in without insurance. Used his mobile to phone a friend! 60 Euros Cash only. Only wanted to drive through to Albania, so went around the country.
Turkey (Asia) - did not get insurance.
Albania - ran through without insurance.

Back
Top Bottom