View Full Version : K-Tech Shock on 1150GS

raginmund
17-03-11, 19:31
Anyone got experience of K-Tech?

I appear to have just won one on ebay..

raginmund
18-03-11, 17:30
No-one?

Once I get the shock I may go for a ride-in ride-out service to set it up. Is this worth it?

ducatiparts.110mb
18-03-11, 21:11
Bit hard to say really. How knowledgeable is the dealer? Why not try yourself. Set the static sag first to about 2" then with the damping set to about 2 turns out from fully in go up and down a representative road at the speed you normally ride at. Try to analyse whet the bike's doing then go a 1/2 a turn at a time in either direction and see whats best.

If you google for Motorcycle Suspension setup, you'll find lots of detailed descriptions

raginmund
21-03-11, 18:12
Bit hard to say really. How knowledgeable is the dealer? Why not try yourself. Set the static sag first to about 2" then with the damping set to about 2 turns out from fully in go up and down a representative road at the speed you normally ride at. Try to analyse whet the bike's doing then go a 1/2 a turn at a time in either direction and see whats best.

If you google for Motorcycle Suspension setup, you'll find lots of detailed descriptions

Thank you :thumb2.

Another quick question; this shock is set up for a 13 stone rider, while I am, ahem, a few stone heavier than this. By 'set up' does it mean the adjustable settings, or the shock as a whole (oil etc).

If it's the bits I can't adjust, do I have to send this off for a refurb, or can I dial-out the weight issue?

willstatt
21-03-11, 19:08
K-tech are the a great bunch. Based just down the road from me, and the boss, Ken (the K in K-tech) is a very clever bloke and an old mate from my mx days. I'm sure if you rang/emailed them, they'd be helpful, although they're always very busy.

Will

raginmund
21-03-11, 20:51
K-tech are the a great bunch. Based just down the road from me, and the boss, Ken (the K in K-tech) is a very clever bloke and an old mate from my mx days. I'm sure if you rang/emailed them, they'd be helpful, although they're always very busy.

Will

Thanks Will. I think I'll give 'em a call. I did check the website, but there were no results for 1150GS shock (front or rear).