Hi, another newbie here.

Johntee

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just to introduce myself, I'm John, recently retired and looking to fill all this leisure time I now have. I've been riding for 40 odd years and for the last 15 of them ( since I test rode a 1100GS) I've wanted a GS. SWMBO didn't agree as she thought they were the ugliest bike she had ever seen. I told here I didn't want to make love to one but it had no effect.
We have been through most of the big tourers, ie 1200 Trophy, 1150RT, Pan etc but eventually I decided I wanted something a bit lighter as I'm getting older and didn't want to be caught out by the weight of this type of machine. I finished up with a twin cylinder, shaft drive bike that seemed to fill my criteria, ie a 700 Deauville. Not a bad bike but at times it definitely ran out of steam especially when two up. A test ride on a GS convinced me that here was a bike that could meet all my needs.
Pick up my 1200 GS next week so if my wife had listened to me 15 years ago look how much money we could have saved!!! ( sorry to rabbit on)

Welcome John, I hope you get loadsa miles'n smiles in on that thar new bike o' yours :thumb

:beerjug:

New 1200GS ( for me)

Thanks for the welcome. Now got the GS - so far so good. Had couple of very enjoyable rides on all types of roads from fast A roads down to muddy country lanes - this is Lincolnshire after all - biker's heaven, especially on a GS. Incidently the read out tells me I'm averaging over 53 mpg , thats probably a reflection on my slow riding but if this continues then it's more economical than my old Deauville.

Incidently the read out tells me I'm averaging over 53 mpg , thats probably a reflection on my slow riding but if this continues then it's more economical than my old Deauville.

The GS is not having to work so hard ;)

Welcome to the site :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom