Moving to uk

aquavic

Hi everybody. For work reasons a have to move to England from Spain on September and I love to bring my "Amiga" f800 gs with me. Does anybody knows if I will need a new insurance and plate there?? It's going to be for a year and I would like to do the things the appropriate way. I'm concern about to right in the left side of the road, I recon that the adaptation is difficult. Thank you and I can wait to drive in England and have some tasty chips

Hi Acquavic, have a look here

You can only use your EU vehicle in the UK for a total of 6 months each year. Also your insurance will probably be less than this (check your insurance policy document) so you would need to arrange new insurance in the UK.

In the UK, vehicles less than 3 years old don't need a safety inspection certificate, but after 3 years, they must be tested for a certificate every year.

No limit on how many chips you eat :D

Also your insurance will probably be less than this (check your insurance policy document) so you would need to arrange new insurance in the UK.
Your Spanish insurance is valid in the UK for legal risks. so, from a legal point of view, you can take you time finding UK insurance if you want more than the bare legal minimum
No limit on how many chips you eat :D
Yet:augie

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

I would be tempted to ignore the letter of the law and keep the bike registered in Spain. Changing the registration from Spain to the UK and then back again will be a pain in the arse.

However, this all depends on your Spanish insurance being valid in the UK. Most UK policies (Ebike being an exception) only give you the full insurance cover for a maximum of 90 days if you go outside the UK. Under EU law your Spanish policy will give you basic cover at all times. The problem comes with the other sections of the policy such as theft and cover for your own damage.

Thank you so much guys. I think I'm going to keep the same plate is not worth it to change it just for a year. And I will try to get an uk insurance.
Gracias

Back
Top Bottom