Quick Disconnects... Help :(

ianf

Complete Member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I thought I'd potter about in the garage and give my battery a bit of a boost.

Went to put the tank back on and there's fuel pissing out of the QD.

Push button, pull pipe, that's not right....

The nipple part the O Ring sits on has come away from the body. Bastard, and on a sunday too.

Where's the best place to get these from? - Given I'm off the road now. :(

You can get metal ones instead now, to avoid this ISTR?

As a certified mechanical numpty, what's the deal with the clips, replace with appropriate jubilees?

Back out to wd40 my gearbox paint.

Attachments

• pipe2.jpg
    pipe2.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 205
  • pipe1.jpg
    pipe1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 204
Ian,
CPC fluid disconnects are available from RS Components on the web ( www.rswww.comn ) in both plastic and chrome plated brass.
Use metal fuel line clips available from any motorfactors

HTH
Neil

You should be able to get yourself back on the road with a short length of 8mm pipe (should be able to get brass or copper from B&Q) and a couple of hose clips.

I believe some people with QD's fitted carry the above under their seat 'just in case'.

Cheers Neil. There's a thread on adv that lists the parts and the viton o-rings.

I'll ring up and order it from motor works or a dealer in the morning.

I still can't figure how the clips work... Off out with pliers to break something else.

Hmm. Had a rummage, nothing really suitable in shed to bodge it.

Will just order up all the bits tomorrow. I guess I'll need fuel line clamps too.

Five minute job. ........

You just require the one male section -now available in metal from BMW, comes with "o" ring attached.

You can re-use the clip. Small screwdriver in the small gap in the clip and twist, you only need it apart enough to pull the Q/D off.

Insert new Q/D (with a bit of grease on the insert) - seeing as you haven't got the special tool for the clamp use a pair nail puller pliers to recrimp the clamp.

I'll give them a bell in the morning, cheers Neil.

Might as well get all the metal bits and do it properly in a controlled manner, the other is bound to go soon.

Ian

Sorted

I'll change the other male one day when the tank is drained, and I've got the right tool to crimp on the clamps properly.

Motorworks had them here in a day. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom