o bugger...

scaramanga

Reaction score
.....the tappets had gone brilliantly, I'd set them up a treat (as far as I can tell), I'd taken my time, set & reset, cleaned all surfaces, tightend the nuts perfectly - amazing. A good afternoons work and then......the stupid rubber bung (you know the one you remove to look at the timing marks), I lost it. Not on the floor or down a drain, I'd put a little oil on it to make it 'slide in', and it did just that - slid in, inside the casing bugger. I went to get my long nose pliers but by the time I got back it had dropped out of view. Amazingly I had another bung that fitted, but what about the one inside? Will it do any damage? or will it just disintegrate?

stu (worried)

.....the tappets had gone brilliantly, I'd set them up a treat (as far as I can tell), I'd taken my time, set & reset, cleaned all surfaces, tightend the nuts perfectly - amazing. A good afternoons work and then......the stupid rubber bung (you know the one you remove to look at the timing marks), I lost it. Not on the floor or down a drain, I'd put a little oil on it to make it 'slide in', and it did just that - slid in, inside the casing bugger. I went to get my long nose pliers but by the time I got back it had dropped out of view. Amazingly I had another bung that fitted, but what about the one inside? Will it do any damage? or will it just disintegrate?

stu (worried)

Rubber against metal... hum... I put my bets on the metal :).

I wouldn't worry! This happened to lots of people here.

Back
Top Bottom