Popped my Trials Cherry at a Wobbler today.

Grizz

EXCITED MEMBER...!!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thanks to Jon "Lebowski" for bringing the Scorpa along today.

Nicola had cut me loose for the day to go out and watch, learn and possibly play.

I rode up on the GS and met him and Chris.

Registered and got my number...... 63 which has to have some significance as it is my birth year.

The three of us went off into some of the woods for me just to get the feel of the bike on dirt.

Then bit by bit we went thrugh sections, and to be honest, I was knackered after an hour, hurting in places I did not even know that I had.

After a drink break, we were out again, and bit by bit it got easier...... I even managed a few clear sections (probably about 5 of them) some after a couple of failures.

We took some pics in one section, which is will post for those who like pics.

It was a relatively easy day out, with sections alligned to all abilities.
It was perfect as a gentle introduction for me.

A Massive THANK YOU to both guys for helping, advising and being very patient with me through the day.

Jon relaxing at the first break session.

P1010551.jpg

Big and Little. So different.

P1010552.jpg

Random bunch of pics now.

P1010556.jpg

P1010560.jpg

P1010565.jpg

Jon getting it on.

P1010569.jpg

P1010573.jpg

Chris doing his thing. Seems a GasGas does not use much fuel.

P1010574.jpg

P1010584.jpg

P1010585.jpg

P1010586.jpg

P1010587.jpg

P1010587.jpg

P1010588.jpg

P1010589.jpg

Last thing was the lessons learned..... 1.) I learned to compress the front end to get it to ride over small logs and obstacles. 2.) Always make sure you have the fuel tap on regular "on" setting, not reserve. I ran out of fuel as we came out of the last and furtherest section, then pushed the bike through one field/paddock from the crest of the horizon, while Jon whizzed off to fetch some fuel and also ran out 300 yards from me. As Chris said..... the lesson is to read the owners manual before setting of. We pushed the bikes to the start of the first field while he fetched some fuel on Chris's bike.

Bikes waiting for a refill.

P1010593.jpg

All in all, a great day.
It has to be the most fun you can have for such a limited budget, and everyone is ready to help and give advice.

My favourite was watching an 80 year old guy playing for 5 hours non stop..... Has to be up there with my best memories.

I am sure I will know just how much fun I had today when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Nicola has also been very sympathetic so far, not sure what she will have to say when I wake and squeal like a pig at 3am while turning in bed.

Looking forward to the next time out, and getting to understand more about bike control.

Hope we are inspiring some others to start playing too.

Have to say that looks good fun, i may just have to try that one day.
Bet you had more fun than me today as the area was awash with Gendarmes counted five lots in an hour so went home and sat in the sun with a cup of tea and a copy of Adventure bike mag, best of luck when you wake up tomorrow :thumb2

Well, you're certainly inspiring me Grizz. Can't stop searching for a bike now! Me & me eldest are off to our local trial over Kettering way next Sunday for a nose, too.

Good on yer, mate! :D

As we said at the time, you did very well for a first timer.....

Just had a thought, you cleaned more yellows than I did blues! I can feel a competition coming on here mate...

Next Wobbler April 25th, hopefully the licence will arive by then!

Well done Rian, easy isn't it.....

:eek:

Jon

Back
Top Bottom