zumo on 1100rt where

just brought an 1100rt (mint ) cant figure out where to put the sat nav ,as the bars arent round ,any ideas pics please

my rt had the zumo mounted on a ram ball that replaced one of the 4 mounting bolts on the left handlebar. its an m8 bolt with a rubber ball head.

Perfect.

Al

:augie

DSCF0023.jpg

Hi
I mounted my Zummo 550 to a bar between the dash just under the screen, it works a treat !! :aidan

Exactly like that but on the left. I tried the right but the 660 obscured the idiot lights. On the left, no problem.

Al.

I also made up a bar and got a local firm to weld on the mounts (Don't forget to drill a tiny hole somewhere to let the air out when welding)
In use it works well with my 2820, unit is perfect for the eyeline, don't obscure clocks or foul tank-bag.

t3.jpg

I fitted mine to the narrow bit of the left hand handlebar. In Ianboydsnr's pic it is about where that cable loops around the bar.

The U-bolt which was supplied with the Zumo was too short - I bent a length of 6mm threaded bar round a broom stick and used that.

I also made up a bar and got a local firm to weld on the mounts (Don't forget to drill a tiny hole somewhere to let the air out when welding)
In use it works well with my 2820, unit is perfect for the eyeline, don't obscure clocks or foul tank-bag.

t3.jpg

got any better pictures?

may nock one up and try it out!

Here you go,
Mount was made from mild steel tubing and sheet, (for the end tangs) all was cut and drilled before welding, once welded up the tangs require a slight twist to get them square to the mounting point, when finished and test fitted it was painted satin black, longer stainless fixings used and rubber washers.
You can of course turn it up the other way if you need it higher for the zumo mount as in the pic above

satmount1.jpg

satmount2.jpg

where do you get the carbon piece,that goes inbtween the handlebars, and stops scracthing from the keys
theres a firm based in Mallory Park,as in the race circuit that do them but I cant find there name at the mo

or you can buy an A4 sheet of the black sticky stuff and cut your own which is about £7 from Motrax

the ram part No is RAM-B-367u(SKU 6011) they are about a tenner from buybits

Back
Top Bottom