ULTIMATE EAR

notadrop

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On Judges recommendation Mags and I purchased a set each of their canal monitors [moulded earplugs with built in speakers and volume control] last October, to use with the Autocom as well as everyday earplugs. They have proved to be BRILLIANT and very comfortable.
Unfortunately within the last couple of weeks I managed to melt my lead on an electric hob, which I didn't realise was on, and Mags left ear speaker packed up.

What I am posting to say is THEY REPLACED AND REPAIRED BOTH SETS QUICKLY [AS WE ARE OFF ON HOLIDAY] AND HAVE SENT THEM BACK SPECIAL DELIVERY, AT NO COST TO US....FREE....GRATIS!!!

That is brilliant customer service and I want to say if anyone is thinking of getting some, you wont go wrong with this company.
When I was on the phone to them, the lady [Imogen] said..

'We are only a small company, but we like to keep our customers happy.'

You have!! A big Thanks :thumb

Contact details are:-

Ultimate Ear 020 8309 4385

E-mail:-
sales@ultimateear.com

Bought ours at Peterborough in 2003 - excellent kit and worth every penny!
(Just remember to keep your ear wax to a minimum by cleaning them regularly - the earplugs that is, not yer ears:D )

I bought a set of their standard ear protectors at the Hog roast. Very good service too - they mailed them over to me in Belgium and the fit really well. I am very happy with them.
MiGSel had a bit of trouble with the fitting of one of his and they asked him to send the original mould back and they are going to remake it for him so I think I would agree that this is indeed a company who seems to realise that customer service does matter :thumb

judge said:
BLOODY HELL!!!

I got charged £30 for my repair :mad:

I must bring this small matter up when I speak to their MD later today :D

That was probably to cover the cost of all the tea/coffee you drink of theirs...... plus the time you spend chatting which reduces that persons productivity......oh and to cover tham insurance wise should someone feel aggrieved enough and sue for being sworn at in the background by you when someone is on the phone to them as well as the cost of the return phone call to apologise to that person.
:D :D:D

notadrop said:
That was probably to cover the cost of all the tea/coffee you drink of theirs...... plus the time you spend chatting which reduces that persons productivity......oh and to cover tham insurance wise should someone feel aggrieved enough and sue for being sworn at in the background by you when someone is on the phone to them as well as the cost of the return phone call to apologise to that person.
:D :D:D
You've clearly not been there of late, I've been known to make the tea, buy the milk and they are now fully understanding of the fact that a GS'er who has taken a discount having claimed such status is more than happy to be called a TOSSER :D

so how much were they to purchase and do you have a photo of them. I use Sonics Genesis sets at work and cant do more than a couple of hours without getting quite bad pain, so would be interested on anything else.

From about 50 quid a set for the basic ear defenders - sometimes a bit cheaper if you catch them at one of the rallies or events they attend sometimes. I was sceptical....I am about most things that involve giving someone 50 quid for a bit of rubber to ram in my ear but these are the best I have tried in over 25 years of biking. I have no regrets on paying for the comfort and quality of these 'bits of rubber' :D

For Richie,

No problems with Ultimate ear, but do consider Green Leopard (www.greenleopard.co.uk) 0845 3304153 Claire and Haydon are very friendly and accomodating people too (and you don't have to make the tea, they bring it to you :D)

I compared both and found that Green Leopard are just made to a much higher standard, especially if you are looking at the monitors.

I know people on these boards can get a bit carried away with their enthusiasm for a particular product they have enjoyed without really looking at what else there is.

I repeat, nothing wrong with Ultimate Ear I'm sure if I hadn't seen Green Leopard I would have been very pleased with them and they are slightly cheaper - but you really do get what you pay for.

Just a satisfied customer and all that...

I received my ultimate plugs last week and have experienced loads of problems with them coming out every time i try to put my helmet on. I've spoken to Dave and am sending them back for some new plugs with a full sized ear piece to be moulded. Although not happy with their performance so far, i am happy with the customer service i'm receiving.

I have extraorndinarily small ear canals so there is little room for the plug to take hold. Consequently I lost one which fell onto a heavily gravelled un-lit car park, so my replacements were fitted with cords, better in that on the odd occasion they did fall out they dangled round my neck.

I have though just taken delivery of a full shell squidgy plug which is fantastically comfortable, even with my tight fitting full-face helmet, even my 'noisy' Schuberth Concept seems quieter too - something to consider maybe.

I'm considering 2 pairs, one with speakers adn the other plain. They were really nice on the phone and I would love to use them but they're over 500 miles away!

We'll see, but there's a guy here in Glasgow who does the same stuuf but for £30 more!

Waiting to get my ears syringed befoer getting moulds made, then I'll choose.

Top marks for ultimate's niceness

Rdover

Cool Carbon's are not the same product they are Musicians high fidelity monitors that's why they are more, and he's in Edinburgh not Glasgow.
Consider filtered plugs and Autocom speakers in the lid

Judge, You'll curse the day you asked for cords, even with small ear canals, and I have done some with canals so small I ca'nt get a filter in, less than 3mm, the plug should not come out when you take your lid off.

Jim B, Green Leopard Sheffield.

I tried the autocom route but to get the volume through the plugs I ended up with huge distortion and oads of wires!

Plus I also have a 4x4 competition vehicle that I drive to events and I wear earplugs because of the wind noise and no helmet but I'd still like to have the radio on.

I went to get moulds made but the ear chappie discovered a 'slight' problem with the shape of my ear canal.

Upshot being, despite the very nice people at Ultimate ear being very so nice I've opted for a local chap who can do the same for only £20 more.

I'd rather use a local who I can go to if there's trouble than send stuff 400 miles. If UE are as good as 1st impressions then all you soft southern pansies should be well pleased with them.

rdover said:
I'm considering 2 pairs, one with speakers adn the other plain. They were really nice on the phone and I would love to use them but they're over 500 miles away!

We'll see, but there's a guy here in Glasgow who does the same stuuf but for £30 more!

Waiting to get my ears syringed befoer getting moulds made, then I'll choose.

Top marks for ultimate's niceness

Bollocks

I rode up from Barcelona to get fitted up for a pair. Im not joking either!

I was very impressed by them by the way.

bob

I'm going down the Green Leopard route instead of Ultimate Ear - I'm after moulded plugs with speakers built in.

The only reason is that the local representative will come to see me to do the ear mould thing, rather than the other way around (and I'm not at any events where UE will be in the near future).

It's a bit pricier (probably due to the additional travel costs) but I'd rather get it sorted now than wait until I bump into the UE chaps. I'll report back....

Tobers

Much like you've I've pretty much decided to go the Green Leopard route rather Ultimate, for the same earplugs that you describe.

I'd be more than interested in how you find the earlpugs, both fitment wise and in use.

Just out of interest I presume you both contacted Ultimate to establish there wouldn't be an opportunity for them to see you local to your place of work/home?

I ask as I know many local advanced groups, bike clubs have arranged for them to visit and they always welcome outsiders for the purposes of getting their moulds done.

Just a thought as for the price of a call you might just be saving yourself the thick end of £60.

P.S. My moulds were taken at home when I first had them done, and they didn't know me from Adam.

Back
Top Bottom