Provence

thornley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Taking the new bike down to Provence next week, not yet decided on a day but after wednesday 25th May. A roads (route nationals) only once past Reims.
Anyone looking at going the same time?
I know the roads, speak the language and you would be welcome to come along.
You don't have to stay at my place and this is not a tour.
Im a mile a minute plodder so no speed merchants:D

Ah Provence!

One of my favorite parts of France, you enjoy,we are trying the Pyrennes this June,first time i have used a BMW for the Trip!!

Last edited:
Heading for Provence on the 28th May with LD lines Portsmouth to Le Havre just me and the better half, we may meet somewere on are travels :thumb2

Heading for Provence on the 28th May with LD lines Portsmouth to Le Havre just me and the better half, we may meet somewere on are travels :thumb2

Whereabouts in Provence? Don't forget I have a B&B at GSer rates. I will be crossing thro the tunnel probably the same day and heading down.

If you need anything in France 0475 28 3214 is my home number.

Enjoy

Do you have a link to your B&B were about are you.:thumb2

You'll find me in the accomodation section under south of France on this forum. I will be in Buis les Baronnies, approx 20 kilometres from Vaison la romain, from Monday next week. www.holiday-provence.co.uk

I am opening up for guests through out June and July

Some good reviews in the section.

Enjoy your trip even if we don't meet up keep the number for any problems. My mobile is 0758 2737146.

Off in the morning, tunnel crossing at 14.00 so 300 miles straight off. Hope the weather holds.

Tunnel! I nearly crapped myself. 10 minutes into the tunnel the train comes to a stop, lights went out for what seemed like an eternity. Emergency lighting came on and I and 6 other riders stood in the compartment trying to be brave little soldiers whilst all quietly crapping ourselves. No annoucements the train simply set off again. The collective sigh could be heard throughout the train.

Off the train and onto the A26, bike running like a dream so on to Troyes for the first night in the B&B hotel, 600 miles in one day. Up in the morning N71 to Dijon, literally hundreds of bikes heading for a rally somewhere. Carried on to Buis same day arrived at 17.00 hrs. Total 965miles two days. The Bonneville averaged 55 mpg over the mixed route of Autoroute and Route Nationals and was as comfy as my R100gs (well impressed)

Back
Top Bottom