A question on Kazakhstan

Henry Mawson

Reaction score
Good day you knowledgeable lot.
Could you please let me know if the track from Beyneu to Aqshalaq in Western Kazakhstan is doable. The Kazakhs refer to it as the road of death. Has a certain ring to it dont you think, lol. Soon as please:beerjug:
Henry
www.motoloco.eu

Sorry can't help Henry, but spent a good time enjoying your website:clap

Looks great, have fun and ride safe:thumb

The roads in Kaz are non existent. All you get out of towns and villages are sandy, rutted, pot holed tracks that to me are mostly doable right now May to August though it’ll be hot from July…very hot.
During the rainy season the roads turn into mud flats and any progress on a bike is frustratingly slow. I’ve seen Toyota LC bogged down and trucks waiting to be rescued. During the winter the freezing temperatures and snow will force many road/tracks to closure with main junctions patrolled by the Police.
On occasion I’ve witnessed bulldozers making slow progress in an attempt to clear the snow but I assume that these were roads leading to the oil fields, vital for the economy.
Lots of tracks will be interrupted by streams and rivers that will be at their low around July, August and easier to cross then. During the winter they are generally frozen solid so no problem if you can get that far.
I’ve only seen petrol pumps in the bigger villages. I guess 350 to 400km autonomy is imperative.
I don’t know about the road of death….how could it possibly be worse :nenau

Looking forward to you telling us about it!

Cheers

Good day you knowledgeable lot.
Could you please let me know if the track from Beyneu to Aqshalaq in Western Kazakhstan is doable. The Kazakhs refer to it as the road of death. Has a certain ring to it dont you think, lol. Soon as please:beerjug:
Henry
www.motoloco.eu

Henry, cannot help you at all, but your trip looked fantastic. Am looking to go East next year, have done Poland a couple of times, how far do you think you could go in two weeks with a start/finish being Calais. Last year i did central
Morrocco and back in 8 days.

Back
Top Bottom