Help needed with XL600 rebuild

Loiq

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
asking for a mate of mine who bought UGG's (late of this forum) old bike it needs some work and he's out of his depth....to be honest...

Anyone a Honda rebuild expert....?

the engine is out of the bike, matey can deliver.... it would be best for him to explain... while he's happy to take cars mainly LR's and 4x4's appart he's not too keen on pulling the honda engine to pieces...

all help gratefully passed....:thumb2

Oh it's currently in surrey about 5 miles from junction 11 M25

I said it was, he's just abit worried he'll stuff it up... I might have to go and look at it... once I've messed about with it it'll be proper broken...:D

he's put inter galactic milage on it, in the last 3+ years of ownership....

The engine is an easy lump to work on, with no special tools needed to rebuild.
What is the problem with the engine?
I've just done one (XR600), new liner, piston and gearbox countershaft.....

Timpo.

The engine is an easy lump to work on, with no special tools needed to rebuild.

Timpo.

Rebuilt an old XR500R a few years back, was a little daunted by the prospect but found it very easy to do - :thumb

Hi guys and thanks lo-iq for posting this for me. the engine started smoking lots, white smoke, and lots of it, so I took the engine out and removed the top end and found one of the rings was broken, but as luck would have it not scratched the bore, and the oil ring thing didnt have enough overlap?? so I have the parts just need a bit of help putting the cam chain and bits back in as this could end badly if its done wrong,

noeyedear

All you need is this manual LINKY, and if as Lo-IQ says youve worked on car / LR engines in the past it will be easy - :thumb

and post some pictures anyway...:thumb2

PS I found the lottery ticket in the Van, you didn't win....

busy at mo let me know and I'll pop over, are going to wear a wig and flowery dress?

Back
Top Bottom