Dyna fork dimensions

fatbaldbob

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just brought a secondhand genuine Harley touring screen for my 06 street bob. I collected it in person and the seller had it on his evo dyna, it simply fits to four quick release brackets. However when offered up to my bike it is not even close to fitting, my forks have a dimension of 49mm, and the distance across the yolks to the outside edge of the fork tops is 26.5cm, both measurements were way bigger than the dyna the bits came off.

My question is, are the new twin cams fitted with heavier / bigger and wider forks or has mine got a non standard front end? I brought mine second hand so it's possible it could have been changed. There is no HD dealers within the vicinity nor do I know of any other owners in the local area for comparison. The brackets on the wind shield line up with the centre of the fork leg where they should normally fit on the inside.

Any dyna / street bob owners confirm these dimensions, or know if a fitting kit is available in this size?

Just found some info on line, 49mm forks and wide yolks are standard on a street bob.

My 1999 Dyna FXD has 39 mm forks, later models have 49mm fork legs . That's probably where your problem lies :blast

Back
Top Bottom