Headlight/Oil Cooler guard

ahebron

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys I just bought a 2nd hand headlight/oil cooler guard for my R1150GS.
Yes it needs a coat of paint but can anyone identify the brand and how I attach it to my bike. I am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

178059976_full.jpg

Thanks
Adrian

Hi guys I just bought a 2nd hand headlight/oil cooler guard for my R1150GS.
Yes it needs a coat of paint but can anyone identify the brand and how I attach it to my bike. I am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

View attachment 185453

Thanks
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

It's made by a company called Top of the Line (USA) - I have had one fitted on my GS ADV since 2002.

74078710_snNLE-L-1.jpg

It looks like they are discontinued:

Link

...but they may be worth contacting. Powder coat the guard - mine is still good nine years and 150k miles later. You'll need to get some long bolts and spacers made up, as the bolt holes in the front of the guard are designed to replace the lower two holding the headlamp cover on (No 5 in this pic)...

i-gDQnTXf-L.png

Top of the Line may be able to supply these to you. The side brackets fit where the screen bolts are (pretty obvious how when you offer it up to the bike).

Mike

I've been looking for one of those for a while, without sucess. If you can't get on with it and want to sell it on I'll take it off your hands, or i can trade a TT mesh headlight guard & TT oil cooler guard?

I've been looking for one of those for a while, without sucess. If you can't get on with it and want to sell it on I'll take it off your hands, or i can trade a TT mesh headlight guard & TT oil cooler guard?

So now I am curious as to why you want one of these ones instead of the TT one you have now. Are the ToL ones better or is this just a prsonal preference?
I bought it off our local Ebay, www.trademe.co.nz
I just keep an eye out for R1150GS bits and bobs.

Adrian

Nothing wrong with the TT guards, just like the look of this one that's all. :beer:

Back
Top Bottom