Suffolk calling

swarovski

Reaction score
Hello all. Thought I'd say hi and say thanks for all the great info and opinions on the site. It's been a treasure trove so far.
I've been riding a Z750 since I passed my test 3 years ago (wife says it was my mid life crisis, I blame it on Ewan and Charlie and Mondo Enduro). Not many miles under my belt, though I have managed a two week tour down through France and Spain to the Picos right after passing my test (where I rediscovered my fear of edges and long drops) , and then to Ireland the next year (the Guinness made up for the rain).
Felt like a change of bike and after hearing my brother and his mate sing the praises of the F650 and Dakar (they both also own KTM RC8's) I thought I'd test ride a G650GS. Went up to Norwich and had a go. After my Z, I was expecting a sewing machine crossed with a tractor and I must say I wasn't far wrong. What I didn't expect was the big grin on my face. Also quite liked the comfy seat and riding position plus the great wind protection (compared to my Z). Also expected it to feel underpowered but I must say it pulled very well and on the dual carriageway it was great.
So straight back to the dealer and put in an order. Hoping to pick her up next week with luck. Going to bolt on some Touratech kit and put some miles on her, that is if the front forks don't crack or it has starting problems :D Its not a Jap bike after all!

Anyway, again, hello all!

Thats sounds like a right hoot. I'll check the diary and with the High Commander, make sure she hasn't anything planned for me that weekend.

Back
Top Bottom