£13 for 4hrs. Just how good does it get ??

Grizz

EXCITED MEMBER...!!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, today was a wet one, yesterday had been a wet one pretty much for the whole of the South of England.

Lebowski, Pete and I met up at Clackett Lane services and then went on to Betchworth Quarry.
It is a great place with space for all types and levels of ability.

Unfortunately I did not take my camera today, and of course typically with Jon and Pete there to keep pushing me and coach inbetween there were a few places I went up and into that I would not have considdered doing a week ago.

Toward the end we just totally freestyled with Pete taking the lead and the two of us following...... Next up Jon took up the lead and made it more and more challenging until I managed to drop my bike halfway up a very snotty hill.
Pete came to the rescue to ride the bike out and promptly fell off as well, sliding back somewhat, in the end all three of us got the bike out with slick tyres doing their own thing and us heaving it over a testing ridge.

An awesome day out and as I said to the guys, when I posted the "Old men starting trial riding " thread earlier this year, I never could have guessed just how good this is.

A couple of mobile phone pics, taken halfway through when we went to fill the bikes and have a drink.
The other two afterward, my bike is now again clean, ready for the next time.

IMAG1834.jpg

Jon showing his displeasure at the weather.

IMAG1836.jpg

Great day done.

IMAG1841.jpg

IMAG1842.jpg

Next weekend, Hastings for the day.

Now time for a Brandy and Pepsi Max and some dinner.

Nice, I take it that is a practice venue?
Mark

Hi Mark, it is a practice venue, and they open from 10am to 2pm.

www.theoldquarry.co.uk

They also hold quite a few trials there from time to time.... but you need to ask Lebowski, as he is on top of what happens where.

That said, it allowed me to increase my confidence a massive amount yesterday.

I am now doing a lot of the stuff I was doing without fear or thought 30 years ago :D

Still loads to learn about trials though before I will be happy with myself.

The big man is actually doing rather well......

:thumb2

We were expecting the possibility of a big crash after the lunchtime interval, but some rain and me losing it at the top of a steep slope cooled Grizz's heels I think.

Trial on Sunday and the lovely Nicola has allowed him off family duties...

:p

Expecting more than a few cleans on the yellows and maybe even a few attempts at some reds?

:)

Batchelor Jon

Back
Top Bottom