Low fuel indicator

goosenet

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Pretty new to this bike but loving every minute of it ... its a 1999 r1150gs, and it's mandarin if that helps ... stunned silence !!

On my way to see my son, fuel was getting low but nothing to worry about .. the low fuel light came on .. which was good as I knew meant that I had about 4 litres left ... after a little while (about 10 mile) the light went out .. I filled up and checked the dash light ... the low fuel light faild to come on even for a split second. Which I guess means that the bulb has gone .. Can I get the bulb from anywhere other than BMW and is it a pain to fit ...

Ta muchly

:D

Hi mate,

Picked up my new to me GS 1150 today. On the way home the low fuel light came on. I pulled off to find a fuel station and in doing so went down a steep hill. The light went out and the fuel gauge rose. I couldn't find any fuel station so had to go another 10 miles. Light never came on again. Guess I will need to check it tomorrow.

fuel light

Don't worry about it this is normal!, you will find when you get low the bars suddenly come up when going down hill! up hill and the light flashes on!. Good idea to put a spare acn on fuel on board and run it dry then you'll know exactly what it left. Good idea to rest the milage trip when filling up that way you will know what milage is left.
Maderine is the bestist and fastest colour!.
Dave GS.

Cheers DaveGS .. I'll bear it in mind ... I thought that Manderin was the best .. and fastest colour :beer:

Graphites?

No no no :nono You are both wrong! :blast Graphite = fastest.

I have found these caughtr in my air box sucked in by the pressure way created by me overtaking! the starship enterprise has nothing on a manderin
GS!!. Buy one and see the light!!!!.

Back
Top Bottom