ABS

B4ndit

Reaction score
My 1150 GS has a ABS button. When I press it it does nothing. There are two ABS lights on the dash but they never come on.

Has my ABS been disconnected?

No. Hence the stupid questions I shall have to ask over the next few days.

Only had the bike a day so getting used to it.

My 1150 GS has a ABS button. When I press it it does nothing. There are two ABS lights on the dash but they never come on.

Has my ABS been disconnected?

Hi B4ndit - when you say "never", that includes when you switch the ignition on (but before you start the engine)?

They should definitely come on when you turn the key, and then go off completely when you start the engine and pull away (the ABS needs the wheels to move a bit before priming itself with a "chunk!" noise)

Hi,

No they never come on. And I don't get a clunk.

On my Bandit with ABS the light comes on and stays on till you are doing 10 mph then it goes out.

I have a feeling my ABS has been disconnected which is not a major problem.

Or can it all be disabled by removing a fuse? Haven't got round to that as I have no terms of reference to check it out against.

Is it definatly an ABS model, or a non abs and someone has replaced a broken switch gear with a used ABS switch gear as that was all that was available (seeing as the switch gear is nearly £200 new).

Does your bike have ABS wheel sensors, and has it got the abs unit under the tank.

Back
Top Bottom