Pannier inner bags

Chrysostom

I bought left and right BMW own-brand pannier inner bags yesterday. Top quality, waterproof membrane, perfectly fine to take into a 5* hotel or whatever and still be welcomed. Much better than lugging the dirty panniers around.

But the very solidity of their construction cuts their usable capacity down quite a lot: I'll never get what I used to get in my old R1100RS "trapezoid" pannier inner bags into these without expanding the bags (and of course, the panniers themselves) even though without bags the carrying capacity would be about the same.

Maybe I'll have to get a top box for any swanky excursions?

Chryso

Chrysostom said:
I bought left and right BMW own-brand pannier inner bags yesterday. Top quality, waterproof membrane, perfectly fine to take into a 5* hotel or whatever and still be welcomed. Much better than lugging the dirty panniers around.

But the very solidity of their construction cuts their usable capacity down quite a lot: ...

Chryso
I looked at these super-smart inner bags and agree they look great but will probably buy the softer, thinner and less bilky inner bags from Main Event. They don't look anywhere near as good but will carry a bit more as the BMW inner bags are quite bulky and use up a lot of space.
Cheers JG

I don't find the BMW inner bags to be overly bulky. They are quite sturdy and I expect them to last a long time. The mesh separator with pocket is a nice feature too. I find that there is enough room between the outside of the inner bag and the inside of the hard bag, that I can jam a few small items that might be needed.

Back
Top Bottom