Shipping to cyprus

fireman

Reaction score
Hi folks, have my 690 enduro up for sale but also thinking i may just ship her to cyprus, i know some might say just ride the thing which i would love to do if i had time but i aint, anyone shipped to cyprus or one of the greek islands and give me a pointer to a good shipping firm.
cheers in advance

james cargo, or rocket cargo will pretty much ship anything you want. Heathrow to Larnaka easy enough.

all it takes is money....:thumb2

Are you importing the bike permantly, or is this for a holiday? If permanent you will have to pay duty on the bike, about 1euo per cc, but this decreases with the age of the bike.

If you want to ride out, a simple way is to Italy, ferry to southern Greece, short overland to Athens, then ship the bike from there. Only snag is that you cannot go with it and would have to fly over.

If you want accurate costs let me know and I'll see what I can find

Are you importing the bike permantly, or is this for a holiday? If permanent you will have to pay duty on the bike, about 1euo per cc, but this decreases with the age of the bike.

If you want to ride out, a simple way is to Italy, ferry to southern Greece, short overland to Athens, then ship the bike from there. Only snag is that you cannot go with it and would have to fly over.

Ah, but he might mean the TRNC. :green gri

Hi mate,

Stummbled across this post and it is just what I am looking for! I am moving out to Cyprus next April/May for 3+ years and I was thinking of riding my bike over next summer. Been looking at various routes over there and this looks very appealing. Also do you think the same could be done with a car?

My bike is a 650 Dakar and really looking forward to getting it over there! If you could give me some pointers on shipping/ferry companies that would be really appreciated! and a rough idea on cost?

Thanks again

Jona

:beerjug:

Is this Cyprus or the Turkish Occupied Territory of TRNC?

I can advise if the Turkish bit, it's actually very simple. Don't bother. It'll cost several arms and legs and be a bureaucratic nightmare.

If it's the Cyprus bit, then it'll probably make more sense to buy something there, depending on prices.

Hi Jona,

As expat says, depends where you are going? If in the illegal Turkish occupied areas, forget it. If in the Republic of Cyprus side, let me know and I'll get some info.

Basically, if the bike is over 600 cc it will cost you 1.3 euro per cc duty, but this reduces with age. I did hear that the limit went up to 680 (no duty), but I can check.

For bike prices you could check out http://www.buysellmoto.com/

Cheers

Not sure about bikes per se but someone I used to work with got a better price from a Cypriot firm than from an English one when he moved out there lock stock etc So just a thought :thumb

Is this Cyprus or the Turkish Occupied Territory of TRNC?

I can advise if the Turkish bit, it's actually very simple. Don't bother. It'll cost several arms and legs and be a bureaucratic nightmare.

If it's the Cyprus bit, then it'll probably make more sense to buy something there, depending on prices.

Hi mate, it's the South of the Island... A friend told me bikes are 'kin expensive out there :eek: :nenau hence looking at taking mine out.

Any thoughts?

Hi Jona,

As expat says, depends where you are going? If in the illegal Turkish occupied areas, forget it. If in the Republic of Cyprus side, let me know and I'll get some info.

Basically, if the bike is over 600 cc it will cost you 1.3 euro per cc duty, but this reduces with age. I did hear that the limit went up to 680 (no duty), but I can check.

For bike prices you could check out http://www.buysellmoto.com/

Cheers

Thanks mate, I'll check out the prices :thumb

Hi mate, it's the South of the Island... A friend told me bikes are 'kin expensive out there :eek: :nenau hence looking at taking mine out.

Any thoughts?

About being expensive, big bikes are. I paid around 13,500euro earlier this year for a Dec 2008 1200GS with all the gizmos.

I have a 2009 GS in the UK, and with shipping costs (or riding out) and duty to pay, there wasn't much difference in the price. In the old days - pre EU - all motor transport was a diabolical price (100% duty).

If you want to give me the age of your bike I can see what it would cost. I have a friend who ships bikes, and I could get an approx cost from him. Which town / area would you be going to?

About being expensive, big bikes are. I paid around 13,500euro earlier this year for a Dec 2008 1200GS with all the gizmos.

I have a 2009 GS in the UK, and with shipping costs (or riding out) and duty to pay, there wasn't much difference in the price. In the old days - pre EU - all motor transport was a diabolical price (100% duty).

If you want to give me the age of your bike I can see what it would cost. I have a friend who ships bikes, and I could get an approx cost from him. Which town / area would you be going to?

Hi mate and thanks, My bike is a 650 GS Dakar 2006. I'm going near Limasol (Akrotiri). Would rather take my bike to be honest as I've put hours of time and money into it and know what's been done and what hasn't if you know what I mean. However if it's going to be the best part of 1k to ship and import then I may have to think again :blast

Could always store it for 3 years :eek

Hi folks, have my 690 enduro up for sale but also thinking i may just ship her to cyprus, i know some might say just ride the thing which i would love to do if i had time but i aint, anyone shipped to cyprus or one of the greek islands and give me a pointer to a good shipping firm.
cheers in advance
Am regularly off to Cyprus as G/f lives there. No problems with time off, you want me to ride it there for you????? Oh and she lives in Larnaca too, so thats even better....

When my cousin moved out there 7 years ago he stuck his Africa Twin in a shipping container with all his household goods, when he came back this year he brought a 40 foot container containing his hilux twin cab pick up and a 1963 bedford lorry !!!!!!

I'm sure they were shipped via Portsmouth or Southampton at quite cheap rates

Hi mate and thanks, My bike is a 650 GS Dakar 2006. I'm going near Limasol (Akrotiri). Would rather take my bike to be honest as I've put hours of time and money into it and know what's been done and what hasn't if you know what I mean. However if it's going to be the best part of 1k to ship and import then I may have to think again :blast

Could always store it for 3 years :eek

Jona,

Are you in the forces, if so they should be able to give you all the relavent info. There is quite an active bike club there as well. Also a BMW owners club, bassed in Nicosia, but runs trips / ride outs quite reguarly.

OK, this is what I got from my mate, but I could get more info next week. All prices are approx.

Shipping 350 euro

Duty 400euro

Tax and reg fees 200euro

If you are interested he could take care / help with getting the bike out.

Cheers

Jona,

Are you in the forces, if so they should be able to give you all the relavent info. There is quite an active bike club there as well. Also a BMW owners club, bassed in Nicosia, but runs trips / ride outs quite reguarly.

Hi mate, yes I am .. Thanks for all the info regarding aprox prices etc. I may be intouch nearer to the time! :thumb2

No problem, even if you don't need any help, let me know when you are out .:beer:

Cheers mate, should be out in April so I'll drop you a PM if/when I need help :D

Looking forward to the sun! :Motomartin

Back
Top Bottom