Dublin area.

Tinytim

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm in Dublin next weekend visiting a mate who has travelled over from Oz. When he has pissed off to Paris on Sunday morning I have the rest of the day and possibly the next, to myself.

Can anyone recommend a decent route for me and the GS to do on the Sunday, say half a days riding and maybe another for Monday?

Thanks in advance

(Only ever been in pubs when I've visited Dublin in the past :friday)

Wicklow. Up the Sally Gap to Glendalough and back via the Blessington lakes. Might be busy with bikes on Sunday.

Otherwise a spin out to Loughcrew via Trim, Athboy, Crossakiel to Oldcastle then up for a wander around megalithic tombs.

Yep, Wicklow is your best bet. But, as Decster says it'll be full of Power Rangers on Sunday if the weather's any way good. Maybe leave it for the Monday. Then again there's lots of roads that the sports bikes won't go near....

Unfortunately I'm committed to a weekend of trail bike riding next weekend or I'd be happy to lead you around some of the good roads. PM me an email address & I'll send you a few options during the week.

Thanks Decster, Jockser. I'll have a look at those names ta.

Jockser, thanks, you have a p.m. :thumb2

I believe myself to be at a loose end on Monday. I'm pretty familiar with the above, plus one or two of Jockser's little back roads. :bow

Would be happy to meet up and go out for a spin? Based in south Dublin (and on me holidays at the mo!)
Pete.

Jaysus, I work most weekends so being off on a weekday is nothing new. :blast

Being home for a few days though, now that's just fantastic. :beer: :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom