Paralever locking nut

hitmanh

Reaction score
Could someone confirm the size of the paralever pivot locking nuts? Need to order a socket and I can't find anywhere that states the size.

Cheers

Matt

Could someone confirm the size of the paralever pivot locking nuts? Need to order a socket and I can't find anywhere that states the size.

Cheers

Matt

For clarity, I mean no.8 on this diagram:

5.png

Yup - I bought a humungous ring spanner for just this job :thumb2

Anyone know what No. 14 is? Bottle of Yakult?

speaking of this, I have had my GS for over 20000kms and still have no discernible play in the rear end (of the bike):augie, so is it only necessary to adjust when there is play, or should adjustment be done as a routine maintenance item.Only reason I ask was that I was talking to a BMW tech guy recently who expressed interest in that they havent needed adjustment, reckons they usually do every 10000kms.Maybe its just the gay way I ride!:blast

Better to buy this.
Swinging arm bearing tool
Then you can keep the 12 mm Hex Nut in place when fastening the big nut to the correct torque value.
I have one and it works great.

Pekka
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just ordered one :thumb2

An excellent price - they used to be silly money.

Edit: UK buyers make sure you order from the .co.uk site - cheaper postage as the .com defaults to international signed for delivery:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swinging-...86?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item53e6ae3d9e

I use mine to beat off those late 20's nymphs who just want to abuse my body:augie:augie

I generally just give in to late 20's nymphs and let them have their evil way with me :D

Back
Top Bottom