1150 gear lever connecting rod extension

unibar

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I need to drop the gear le down further than the natural adjustment the setup gives me, has anyone managed to do this?.. I am getting old and have trouble with my hip and need to lift my foot off of the peg to change down. some kind of threaded studd and a long connecting bolt would probably do the job.. but I am clueless to such things with regards sizing and indeed sourcing.

Any help recommendations / pointers more than welcomed.

Thanks in advance

Paul

On further looking something like the rod verhlen do

for want of a better way of putting it it is like the standoffs used in a pc to hold the motherboard away from the base, male thread at one end female of same dimension at the other

may be worth checking but I seem to remember that it is a standard thread at both ends rather than a turnbuckle affair if this is the case normal threaded bar will be suitable and much easier to acquire.

B

ps probably worth asking a moderator to move this thread to the model specific problem area on the site.

If you find out the standard size and threads on each end and then check out this e bay link nos, 290603087977 (underboat96), I've had two linkage rods off him and the service and quality has been excellent.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the advice guys, I will look into it, had a big ride over the weekend and the adjustment so far makes me happy, another 1/4 - 1/2 an inch would make me very happy.

Back
Top Bottom