Florida Accomodation

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Long shot i know, plus not even sure ive posted this in the right place but here goes;

I am looking to take the wife and 2 12 yr old (thoroughly well behaved!) twins to Florida next year and we are starting to plan now.

We are both non-smokers, and i have a mild OCD so cleanliness not an issue!!! (dont think the kids smoke either) and fancy a villa with a pool. Dont particularly want a huge ranch, just something suitable for the 4 of us really.

Looking to fly out on the weekend of 11th August next year for 2 weeks, this is negotiable as i wanted 10 days, the missus wants 2 weeks! Would be good if you had a car out there as well as we want to travel around a bit (popped a cheeky one in there ).

First choice would be Cocoa Beach but we dont mind anywhere really.

I dont want anything for nothing here, just trying out all the tossers first just in case and we are willing to pay the going rate. Always better to get something off someone you know/know of if you know what i mean!

:thumb Steve.

What are you planning to do once out there??

Florida is a huge place with fantastic things to do in nearly every major city. With 2 x 12yr olds I wouldn't even suggest a Villa; I would suggest you stayed on International Drive (I-Drive) in a hotel called "The Point Orlando Resort". I have stayed in nearly every major hotel up and down the strip and have been going there every year since 2004. My parents own their own villa 20 mins from Orlando so sometimes have been over there twice a year.
You will not fit everything in, in 2 weeks if you plan to do any parks and at their age I would recommend the universal parks (flex ticket) rather than Disney (too babyish). I would be more than happy for you to PM me with any questions you have :thumb

there's a bloke called andy taylor who rents property in florida not sure what he's got and where but has a stream of people cueing up to rent his house/ houses

PM and I'll drop you his details

:thumb2

What are you planning to do once out there??

Florida is a huge place with fantastic things to do in nearly every major city. With 2 x 12yr olds I wouldn't even suggest a Villa; I would suggest you stayed on International Drive (I-Drive) in a hotel called "The Point Orlando Resort". I have stayed in nearly every major hotel up and down the strip and have been going there every year since 2004. My parents own their own villa 20 mins from Orlando so sometimes have been over there twice a year.
You will not fit everything in, in 2 weeks if you plan to do any parks and at their age I would recommend the universal parks (flex ticket) rather than Disney (too babyish). I would be more than happy for you to PM me with any questions you have :thumb

depends on whether he's doing 2wks of parks. Personally, I hate i drive. It's tourism central, over priced and all food around there is crap. With the property market diving over there, you can get villas nice and cheap. Personally, I'd rather stay in a villa around the kissimmee or tampa area for a fortnight and space out the trips to the parks rather than doing it in one tiring lump.

My folks live in Lakeland (near Tampa) and that's about an hour from downtown orlando (which I would never go to but for the parks).

two place you should visit.
one in orlando, one in tampa.
the first one is called discovery cove, WOW. you will not be wasting your time there....
M031009_00_6891.jpg

the second is free after you visit the first, its called bush gardens, Africa. in tampa.
P3100038.jpg

oh, did i mention the first one has free beer and food?

Back
Top Bottom