Tyre Width

Harty

Reaction score
I've got a X-Country with 21/18 Challenge wheels and intend to stick some Conti TKC80's on. What width tyres should I stick on?? Sorry for an obviously thicky question! :blast

I've got a X-Country with 21/18 Challenge wheels and intend to stick some Conti TKC80's on. What width tyres should I stick on?? Sorry for an obviously thicky question! :blast

Don't bother with TKC's, go straight to Pirelli MT21's 140/80 on the rear

What are they like on comparison to the TKC's on the road then??

Well need them for a trip across the Pyrenees and possibly the Elephant Rally, so 60% - 70% road to 40% - 30% off piste

I've just worn my KTC 80's down and will be sticking MT21's on next, had them on my last "big" trail bike and they were brilliant. Having said that the TKC's have lasted OK and did the trick in Pyrenees

Cheers guys MT21's it is then! I actually picked up a brand spanker on ebay yesterday for £25! :beerjug:

Cheers guys MT21's it is then! I actually picked up a brand spanker on ebay yesterday for £25! :beerjug:

Harty

I can vouch for the Heidenau tyres here..... recently paid a visit to the Pyrenees and these work real well on and off pavement ! The set I got was from the German dealer and they were delivered to the Netherlands the next morning for €143 delivered. I am told they have a life expectancy of 8000-12000kms. Mine have done over 4000kms now with 2 days solid offroad in Pyrenees and they look barely used....except for the dirt that is.

Back
Top Bottom