Roads with curves.

LivNorway

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Perhaps it's not the right time, but...

http://folk.uio.no/joakimt/nam/namkart.html
The next time you visit Norway:
Click on the map: ''Østlandet'', then ''Fetsund, Bjørkelangen, Mysen, Enebakk'', you'll find a great area close to Oslo (south-west). Many curves!
On the bottom of the page ''Fetsund, Bjørkelangen...'' , click on ''here'' and you'll find Tyrigrava. Tyrigrava is a local cafe, but on wednesdays (summer) it's MANY bikes there! On a sunny day 200 or more!
And I met Simon & Monika at Tyrigrava in June!

:) :)
On the map of Norway:
Click on ''Nord-Norge'', and ''Porsanger'': You'll find Nordkapp.

Translate:
Kart = map
uio = Universitetet i Oslo.
Sommerferie = summer holidays!
:beer:
Liv, Norway.

Liv said:
Perhaps it's not the right time, but...

http://folk.uio.no/joakimt/nam/namkart.html
The next time you visit Norway:
Click on the map: ''Østlandet'', then ''Fetsund, Bjørkelangen, Mysen, Enebakk'', you'll find a great area close to Oslo (south-west). Many curves!
On the bottom of the page ''Fetsund, Bjørkelangen...'' , click on ''here'' and you'll find Tyrigrava. Tyrigrava is a local cafe, but on wednesdays (summer) it's MANY bikes there! On a sunny day 200 or more!
And I met Simon & Monika at Tyrigrava in June!

:) :)
On the map of Norway:
Click on ''Nord-Norge'', and ''Porsanger'': You'll find Nordkapp.

Translate:
Kart = map
uio = Universitetet i Oslo.
Sommerferie = summer holidays!
:beer:
Liv, Norway.
Sorry, correction:
South-east. The area is south-east of Oslo.
Forgiven?
Liv, Norway.:tears

Roads with curves?

I would say curves equals roads in Norway! Most smaller roads are full of curves, and driving even national roads, sometimes can be really challenging.
Another nice drive just north of Oslo is around Randsfjorden. That's where I live!

Liv

Just been to Oslo, Fevik and Stavanger on business. What a wonderful country - apparently 18,000 km round the coast if you take the ferries etc. I learnt about the 150/200 stud tyres between 15 Oct and 1 May etc and the fact that you can't buy a house unless you intend to live in in for 50% time. It would solve our problems here!! My colleague has a cabin just below at Tromso and has some cutlery made from the Tirpitz scrap.

I dined at Jans in Stavanger wonderful but v expensive and lived on fish all the time I was there.

Lots of cameras I noticed on the main roads but cannot make many convictions if the number plates are dirty during the winter.

Beautiful country - off to Finland tomorrow.

Mark

Hi Mark.

So you has been in Oslo, and I did'nt know! Too bad.

Next time: Let me know you are here BEFORE you arrive!
And that goes for the rest of the UKGS'ers too!

:beerjug: Liv.

Back
Top Bottom