1150 - fuel pipe diameter?

gavinbell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Back in the Carpathians... once bitten you never l
Hi - the quick disconnects on my fuel line have broken - and not sure if the replacements ordered from UK will reach me in time ... none availible here!

Anyone tell me what the inside diameter of the fuel pipe is ? - so I can look for a temporary bodge.... dont want to pull old one off until ready - have a full tank of fuel!

Cheers

Gavin

I carry a piece of copper pipe for that very eventuality, it is approximately 9mm outside diameter and is suitable for joining the bigger fuel line size along with a couple of fuel line clips.

Can't tell you for sure, but an M8 bolt fits nicely inside the fuel lines (clamped off to seal them) when I disconnect them from the hard lines (a Steptoe tip). So I'd be guessing at 8mm ID.

Does anyone know where i can get a set of the metal fuel qd connectors for a 04 1150 gsa. I think they're brass/ chrome?

Thanks.

RS Components
Beemer Boneyard (google it)

They are made by a company called CPC, and if you know anyone in the medical trade they are often used in drugs manufacture or similar

Just remembered - I've got some spare fuel line from when I re-piped my 1100 and I've dug it out and looked at it - 8mm ID printed on it (assuming the 1150 is the same size).

Just remembered - I've got some spare fuel line from when I re-piped my 1100 and I've dug it out and looked at it - 8mm ID printed on it (assuming the 1150 is the same size).
8 mm it is.

Pekka
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyone tell me what the inside diameter of the fuel pipe is ? - so I can look for a temporary bodge.... dont want to pull old one off until ready - have a full tank of fuel!

Cheers

Gavin

What fuel pipe ? the crossover under and ADV tank is a smaller diameter, i think it's 5mm (internal).

Does anyone know where i can get a set of the metal fuel qd connectors for a 04 1150 gsa. I think they're brass/ chrome?

Thanks.

BMW now make metal male sections of the main connectors.

Ey up Neil!!

its the main front fuel line - hoping the new metal male fitting will arrive in time. If not assume the concensus of 8mm ID is right and will get some pipe to join temp if not.

Will ordinary jubillee clips be ok to secure the new fitting if the original clip is unusable afterwards?

Cheers

Gavin

Ey up Neil!!

its the main front fuel line - hoping the new metal male fitting will arrive in time. If not assume the concensus of 8mm ID is right and will get some pipe to join temp if not.

Will ordinary jubillee clips be ok to secure the new fitting if the original clip is unusable afterwards?

Cheers

Gavin

I used standard fuel line jubilee clips when I re-piped my 1100 :thumb2

For clarity, with the dimensions taken from a fiche site, the 1150 hoses are:

ADV lobe link pipe ID = 6mm and OD = 11mm.

Fuel supply and return pipe ID = 8mm and OD = 13mm.

For those interested in an alternative supplier of QD's in chromed brass, you could try these people.

Back
Top Bottom