Caberg Hyper X modular helmet

llotse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Managed to find a bargain at Infinity in York £125. Bought the white one and wore it riding home on a nice route with mixed fast roads.

The first thing I noticed was the amazing visibility both forward and to both sides, just like riding with an open face helmet, what a fantastic idea and whatever disadvantage of the smaller chin bar must be easily made up by the added safety of seeing everything. Lifesavers were easy, whereas before I would have to turn slightly on the saddle, now a quick glance over my shoulder is enough.

Noise was about the same as my system 6 helmet but it was more low frequency than the wind noise around the system 6. Not really sure which of the two is better but the overall noise is the same volume.

Venting is great but I think it may be a bit too much in the winter so not a warm helmet but with a liner may be ok. Visor stays put wherever I choose to have it but I guess at higher speed it may shut as it is such a huge visor. The sund visor is great and can be placed anywhere it its range, it comes down far enough to rest on my nose if required.

Have not ridden in the rain yet but riding to the South of France from Zeebrugge next week so I may find out soon enough.

Overall a very good helmet, every bit as good as my system 6 with some advantages over it and at an amazing price.

The only drawback is fitting my Autocom headset, it was fitted in the shop but after an hour I was in agony. Taken the helmet apart, which is easy enough and now have to reshape the polystyrene padding.

Bloody hell that was cheap Nick, may have to order one at that price as a spare. Would hate to be without my Hyper X now.

Bloody hell that was cheap Nick, may have to order one at that price as a spare. Would hate to be without my Hyper X now.

That's what I thought, they are doing a discount depending on how much you spend in the shop and we bought two helmets. Great service too.

Back
Top Bottom