Learn to Listen to Your "Karma fairy"!!! A True story

DrFarkoff

Grumpy Ole Git!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After giving Ogmios my "Celestine Prophecies" to read and indulge in some Karmic Chilling whilst pondering the origins of his own Ogmios brand "Black" belly button fluff

A friend of mine had a bit of a calamity last week His VFR800 broke (yes broke!) the chain and it spat it thru the sprocket cover

So I was on way back from MOT and thought Foook it I'll stop by lift the chain and nip home and remove broken bits and Tim and Him can go back and fit it and a split link nurse it to mine

Then the Karma fairy arrived and started her mischief! We all have one! We just need to learn to listen to what She (or He) is saying!

So Tim had the Split link, then I had it, then it Disappeared (and has not turned up since!)!!!! On looking back I reckon the Karma fairy hid it on us to tell us to stop being silly that the chain was fooked and we should go collect Conall's bike on the trailer and believe it or not Collecting it went like clockwork! Therefore we made the right decision

Part one notice the wee oblong shape with 2 bolt holes @ middle right of the pic Do see the crack there just above it, where it joins the casing?
DSC05092.jpg

and just some of the debris that came out of there
DSC05094.jpg

Thankfully it's the three bits shown in this Microfiche and they are replaceable with a bit of extra work! So the Casing is not scrap and the motor can be saved (I'm pretty sure with one minor fix)

Karmafairy.jpg

After stripping and cleaning Conall's bike we have found that there was a lot more damage in there and that we made the right decision to go collect it. The Karma fairy has rewarded us by providing the replacement parts within reach at short notice and a good price!

So I was on way back from MOT and thought Foook it I'll stop by lift the chain and nip home and remove broken bits and Tim and Him can go back and fit it and a split link nurse it to mine

Then the Karma fairy arrived and started her mischief! We all have one! We just need to learn to listen to what She (or He) is saying!

There should be a bit inserted after that but before "part One"

So Tim had the Split link, then I had it, then it Disappeared (and has not turned up since!)!!!! On looking back I reckon the Karma fairy hid it on us to tell us to stop being silly that the chain was fooked and we should go collect Conall's bike on the trailer and believe it or not Collecting it went like clockwork! Therefore we made the right decision

After stripping and cleaning Conall's bike we have found that there was a lot more damage in there and that we made the right decision to go collect it. The Karma fairy has rewarded us by providing the replacement parts within reach at short notice and a good price!

If a mod wants to stick that inline then thats cool if they don;t well I hope folks get the jist better now

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom