Plug under seat r1100gs

Dr Bones

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum, I'm just getting acquainted with my new 97 r1100gs and I have a few questions.

There is a two pin socket loose under the passenger seat, I've found the three ping diagnostic plug, but this other one is a junior timer housing type plug (like a fuel injector plug). The local BMW dealer told me it was ' workshop stuff' and I didn't need to worry about it :blagblah. Anyone know what it is for ?

Also the sliding pins on my rear caliper are pretty corroded, can they be replaced ? They are beyond a quick clean up with wet and dry.

Anything...

from here useful...

The twin was for the US version charcoal canister that wasn't on my bike hence the plug that doens't go on to anything... but I have no idea what a junior timer housing looks like so may not be relevant.

So it looks like the charcoal canister thing, my plug looks like the one in that post. I have a CO pot connected and the diag connector is there too.

This is a junior timer housing (I just used it as an example)

junior_timer_connector_2pin.gif

The next question I suppose is, is that just a 12v feed on that spare plug or is it connected to the ECU some how?

I'm not confiddent you can get the pins... I think its a replace the caliper job. Steptoe may have some...

So it looks like the charcoal canister thing, my plug looks like the one in that post. I have a CO pot connected and the diag connector is there too.

This is a junior timer housing (I just used it as an example)

junior_timer_connector_2pin.gif

The next question I suppose is, is that just a 12v feed on that spare plug or is it connected to the ECU some how?

Just to confirm... do you mean the charcoal canister plug when you refer to the spare plug? I have my manual now but want to check to make sure I look at the right one.

Just to confirm... do you mean the charcoal canister plug when you refer to the spare plug? I have my manual now but want to check to make sure I look at the right one.

Yes, the charcoal canister plug, if it's there and doing nothing and it has a 12v feed I can use, I'll find a use for it.

thanks

Wiring diagrams for 1994-2000 R1100GS (US and UK)

These are big photos but they need to be so one can read the labels.

Pages 1 and 2

IMG_4199.jpg

leads to...

IMG_4200.jpg

Pages 3 and 4

IMG_4201.jpg

leads to...

IMG_4202.jpg

I can't see it either, never mind, thanks for the photos very useful.

The two independant BMW spares dealers at the top of the page both sell stainless steel brake parts and are well worth the expense to recover a caliper or three to former glory. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom