Road King model changes

Paul G (BHT)

Creator
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a rough idea what changes were made to what years.

My Road King is a 95 vintage which seems to mean it is in the 92-97 model bracket.

Most of the genuine HD, after market and seconhand parts seem to be for the 97-2005 or 2005-to date :blast

As I have plans for a few changes during the winter for mine.. are many of the cycle parts on my 95 interchangeable with the 97-2005 model?

My Road King is a 95 vintage which seems to mean it is in the 92-97 model bracket.

HD are 'supporting' less and less of their older bikes... and in 'Motor Co.' terms, your bike is old!

On the very few occasions I go anywhere near a 'Official Dealer', my 1990 bike had all the staff crowding 'round it, as they hadn't seen an antique like that before :augie

Anyway, I'd be looking at the independent parts suppliers, of which there are many.

There are some dedicated magazines on the market for Baggers which would be a good source :thumb2

You could always ask the wealth of knowledge on the HDRCGB site ;)

they lowered the frame in 97... my EG is 96 vintage and i'm finding out that a lot of the after market boys seem to cut off at 97.

i am though finding <96 stuff via US websites... just a bit more mucking about.

Can anyone give me a rough idea what changes were made to what years.

Most of the genuine HD, after market and seconhand parts seem to be for the 97-2005 or 2005-to date :blast

As I have plans for a few changes during the winter for mine.. are many of the cycle parts on my 95 interchangeable with the 97-2005 model?

Paul, my RK is a 96 and I've had it from new. I've also made a few changes to mine. If you want to chat about what's possible and what isn't I may be able to help. I've had quite a lot of Harleys and was forever mucking about with them changing stuff :blast

If you send me a pm I'll let you have my number :thumb2

Thanks for the advice chaps.

You could always ask the wealth of knowledge on the HDRCGB site ;)
I did look at that place a few days ago Mutters, I didn't like the idea of giving unknown folk my address... and how come it has taken them 62 years to get 2,470 members of which only 959 are active :eek:

Paul, my RK is a 96 and I've had it from new. I've also made a few changes to mine. If you want to chat about what's possible and what isn't I may be able to help. I've had quite a lot of Harleys and was forever mucking about with them changing stuff :blast

If you send me a pm I'll let you have my number :thumb2
Thanks for the chat Dave :thumb2

Thanks for the advice chaps.
I did look at that place a few days ago Mutters, I didn't like the idea of giving unknown folk my address... and how come it has taken them 62 years to get 2,470 members of which only 959 are active :eek:

Have you not got any idea of the amount of cleaning that a big Full Dress HD needs ????????
Around 4/5 hours cleaning per hour of riding for the Tarkas amongst them.
no time to post on sites !! :ymca

:hide:hide:hide

That would be club politics :rob

There are some really good people in there and a wealth of information and support. There are a few w@nkers as well. Not unlike this place only a lot smaller and a lot more polite :thumb

That would be club politics :rob
I see they have a 'AGM, Committee & Reps Meetings' section..... oh dear, I imagine that loosely translates into 'tantrum and toy/teddy throwing' section :D

I see they have a 'AGM, Committee & Reps Meetings' section..... oh dear, I imagine that loosely translates into 'tantrum and toy/teddy throwing' section :D

I was a member (on & off) in the 90's...

I remember lots of internecine strife, in those pre internet days it was often played out in the 'letters page' of the 'Quin (the magazine).

Clubs... :augie

I was a member (on & off) in the 90's...

I remember lots of internecine strife, in those pre internet days it was often played out in the 'letters page' of the 'Quin (the magazine).

Clubs... :augie

Those are my memories as well. A lot of strongly held views amongst the members, most of whom were virulently anti HOG. But, a wealth of knowledge held by real enthusiasts.

HOG is a cleverly organised marketing arm of HD and any strife amongst the troops is very localised.

...a wealth of knowledge held by real enthusiasts...

When I need to know anything technical about my Evo, I go to the Riders Club...

HOG is a cleverly organised marketing arm of HD

The rationale for HOG:

1). The Motor Co. sells some poor sap the bike, but they don't really know what to do with it...

2). Oh look, here's a free years subs. to HOG, suddenly everything's becoming clear...

3). 'Keeping up with the Jones's' in the local 'Chapter :)D) ensues, so the sap buys tons of expensive tat & 'Motorclothes (!).

4). The Motor Co. laughs all the way to the Bank!

5). Er. that's it...

Back
Top Bottom