990 SMT

cherokee

Reaction score
Test rode one on friday,gotta say i was surprised im on my second 990 Adventure but was given the chance to ride one and jeez nice bike,sat at 80 screen was great,nice bar to pegs set up,super quick steering,touring bags are only good for a toothbrush and some spare skids but with a set of hepcos this would make a fantastic tourer.Not sure i liked it better than my Adventure but defo consider one for next bike......

You forgot to mention the fantastic Brembo radial brakes!!!:eek:

I've had mine for 3 months / 5,500 miles now and I'm still grinning everytime I get on it for a ride :D, fantastically "pokey" real world ride type of bike, I was looking for something without the usual cramped up sports bikes ergonomics, but not wanting to loose good handling and braking, the SMT fits the bill in all those areas and it doesn't make a bad touring device either, an extremely competent, thrilling all rounder - love it!!:clap

smt

I agree brakes superb but my adventure has the brembos to so kinda used to them,your right though real world bike,my brother in laws getting rid of his fjr for one of these babies so i should get to ride one more often,for me the main thing with the big katooms is that they are such good fun to ride and thats something a lot of the other makes dont do........

What's the FI like on the 2011 990's?

Have heard that it's improved. :nenau

Tried all the mods on my old 08 990 Adv but gave up and traded in for a nice smooth carbed 950.

Wouldn't consider another KTM FI bike until it's better. :)

Tricky,

I think the FI on the 2011 bikes is perfect, the throttle is very, very direct but I like that about the bike, more of my thoughts here in my initial thread just as I bought the bike :-

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274942

Get a test ride on one, I think you will be pleasantly surprised :D

guys the G4 throttle cam and the 16 tooth fron sprocket really cleans it up,they are switch like throttles but with the akros and 15min idle set they are fine,never gonna be as smooth as the 9fiddy but they are getting old now and finding a minta one is hard just need to give the 990 a bit of attention and its a fine motorcycle,sounds awesome goes like shit off a wet shovel and the build quality is way above the competition

Back
Top Bottom