BIKE COVERS

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK, having bought one, I now have a shopping list as long as my arm, but as I have an older style detached garage which gets quite cold in the winter, i am thinking along the lines of one of these

http://www.carcapsule.co.uk/products/8’-Bike-Capsule-Indoor.html

Anyone got one, used one, any thoughts?

Just think as during some very cold winters i have had condensation on previous bikes (not much/often) it might be a wise thing?

Although i do have good air flow through the garage I'm thinking this might be a sensible extra to have.

Anyone?:nenau

my house / garage was built in 1927 and the garage is colder then outside come winter time... big gap under the door as well...so lots of air moving around... to keep the dust off i use a soft flannel type double sheet with elasticated corners... a tenner from ASDA...never had a problem with corrosion whilst garaged...

Sounds good to me, i'll spend the money on more 'trinkets of deceit' :D

I am a bit paranoid, i'm expecting all the 'dont polish it ride it' shouts but its a long term thing (my wife has promised me that if i say i'm bored with it after a few months I will one day wake up minus my testicles) and I want to look after it.:comfort

Thanks Twizzle.

Thanks mate, good to know you've got mates you can rely on?:eek:...................it must be........

Just polish it with Mr. Sheen :thumb

No abrasives to damage the chrome to paintwork and it coats all the shiny bits in wax so the condensation runs off :clap

Just polish it with Mr. Sheen :thumb

No abrasives to damage the chrome to paintwork and it coats all the shiny bits in wax so the condensation runs off :clap

:thumb sounds like an altogether cheaper (ooops) better option. Never thought of that!

I wash my white and chrome Superglide maybe twice a year. Other than that it's a liberal coat of 'Barry' on a regular basis. :thumb2

People always ask me how I keep the bike so clean and I always give them tales of woe about hours spent in the garage wearing my fingers to bloodied stumps. I get looks of admiration / pity and it puts plenty of people off buying Harleys so they stay cool :green gri

OK, having bought one, I now have a shopping list as long as my arm, but as I have an older style detached garage which gets quite cold in the winter, i am thinking along the lines of one of these

http://www.carcapsule.co.uk/products/8’-Bike-Capsule-Indoor.html

Anyone got one, used one, any thoughts?

Just think as during some very cold winters i have had condensation on previous bikes (not much/often) it might be a wise thing?

Although i do have good air flow through the garage I'm thinking this might be a sensible extra to have.

Anyone?:nenau

It's a bike not a bloody immune deficient child! (there you go, you had to have at least one answer like that and I don't like to disappoint!) :D

Get down your local charidee shop and buy up a some dead pensioners old duvet covers. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom