Proper Job

Melch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I do like this chaps Road King!
http://www.threepercenters.it/wp/?p=1129
He gets about on it as well. Unfortunately the blog thingy is in Eyetalian but there's pretty pictures to look at.
I love that well used patina. That's the problem with the newer stuff (mine included) too much glitz. A trip to the powdercoaters on the cards methinks.

Attachments

• assekremcartelli.jpg
    assekremcartelli.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 346
Spray your entire bike?.. sorry, harleywith 'holts tyreweld foam' , drive about in the dust before it dries, and you will have the 'patina' you desire forever.

You see ... there is always good ideas to be had from adversity.

My solution:-

Very little chrome.

Lots of black powder coat.

Bare Alloy (unpolished).

Spray all with Duck oil.

Leave, and admire :D

Never wash it with anything soapy.

It just gets better & better with age :thumb2

Whilst I accept, achieving this look with my own 'BIKE!' (thanks Den) would be simplicity itself. The thought of quartering the value of it overnight I can't really bring myself to do. Also it's all a bit contrived then aint it. A bit like having a sprayed effect rusty 'rat rod'...or something.
Maybe I sell mine and buy an old shitter instead, but not many of them about really in Hardly world.

Also it's all a bit contrived then aint it...

Like Fender 'reliced' guitars...

The easiest way to spot a prat :blast

Re. the bike...

There's a world of difference between turning it into a practical and durable (for our crappy climate) ride.

And the sort of ultra fashion victim 'bobber' (most over used word in some HD riders vocabulary) that is designed to look '1950's'.

Anyone remember those dummy (they really did nothing) bolt on kickstarts for Evo's..?

Used to get fitted to Heritage's :blast

You won't quarter its value...

Halve it maybe :D

But if it's 'your bike' then it shouldn't matter.

Because you'll never sell it, right..? :D

Yep! Been there before!
Anyway, pack it in, giving it all the "Go on do it, do it, you know you want to!" :D

Like Fender 'reliced' guitars...

The easiest way to spot a prat :blast

Re. the bike...

There's a world of difference between turning it into a practical and durable (for our crappy climate) ride.

And the sort of ultra fashion victim 'bobber' (most over used word in some HD riders vocabulary) that is designed to look '1950's'.

Anyone remember those dummy (they really did nothing) bolt on kickstarts for Evo's..?

Used to get fitted to Heritage's :blast

Well, I'm not entirely in agreement there as I quite like fifties styled custom bikes. I still have a soft spot for (some) custom bikes. Admittedly more as a work of art and less as a bike that I could live with personally. But I still like to see and appreciate them.
I had a mate who put a (real) kickstart on a Evo Softail custom when they first came out. Poxy thing never worked properly but he'd spent so much time and money (converting to points I think) trying to sort it he would keep trying to get it going in grim defiance until we all got pissed off waiting and yelled at him to hit the friggin button. He was a Brit bike man and hadn't really got his head around only having an electric boot only. Happy days.

You know it makes sense :clap :bounce1 :pullface

I can almost hear the conversation now with my girlfriend (who, incidentally paid half for the bike).
"Look darling, look what I've done to our bike. I've piss-canned it and sandblasted the chrome off. Doesn't it look fab? Ouch... Jesus what was that for?"

I had a mate who put a (real) kickstart on a Evo Softail custom when they first came out. Poxy thing never worked properly but he'd spent so much time and money (converting to points I think) trying to sort it he would keep trying to get it going in grim defiance until we all got pissed off waiting and yelled at him to hit the friggin button.

Perfect example of fashion leading function... :augie

Perfect example of fashion leading function... :augie

Not in his case really. He did it with all the right intentions (if being paranoid about new fangled electric start packing up are the right intentions).

Brilliant story (for those of you who don't understand Italian). :augie

Harleys seem a lot tougher for these kind of journeys than one might first believe. I go off-road on mine and it's b.brilliant. :hide

Back
Top Bottom