looking for aftermarket exhaust system for GS1200

01miller

I know Remus makes them but do not know what they look or sound like on the GS.

I found these guys..they are claiming that their system has been approved by BMW. The price for the slip-on and the down pipe ( full system) in Titanium is roughly $1300 in the US. :

http://www.omexperformanceusa.com/home.html

Any feedback on this company or any other is appreciated.

ray
01 aprilia mille r
03 bmw k1200ltc (Black)

Funny yuo should say BMW approve of this system, thats because BMW own Laser and Remus and although youll never get written approval from bmw, I was told by a senior bmw employee that if it is fitted correctly and causes aproblem later, bmw would look favourably on the claim.

IMHO the remus system looks better, the laser system is in severalseperate parts with springs holding it together and doesnt lok so well made.

Regards Paul

01miller, heres a pic for the Laser system.

Attachments

• laser web size pic.jpg
    laser web size pic.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 366
And another.

Attachments

• laser web size pic 2.jpg
    laser web size pic 2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 372
too much "lego" (parts connected etc.) and not heat protector like the stock - at least Akra looks like it's one piece (and has a protector)

Questions remains: BMW owns Remus and Laser??? Is Remus related to Sebring in any way?

BMW engine guards

Does anyne know if BMW engine guard fits around the Laser full system?

Is it just me who thinks that the pipe makers (not the ones associated with the slippers) are a bit silly to design their system to not work with engine bars...? :confused: :rolleyes:

When my wallet recouperates from donating both of my kidneys to buy the GS, I would have been interested in an aftermarket pipe (not the pipe-and-slippers-pipe), but as it stands, I'll rather have my engine protected.

correction/confusion :

Having just browsed through the Wunderlich catalogue (PDF) I'm seeing, on page 15, a blue GS with a remus can, and engine protecion bars..

.. question is; is it a full system or just the can...?

Remus

I have the Remus end can and the H&B engine bars.

As far as I know the front pipes will not fit with H&B or BMW engine bars.

Phone Touratech as their bars might, and they sell the full system.

cheers

Gerry H.

Look in mcn this week. Awesome Akaprovic in the new for 2005 bit

Back
Top Bottom