fork seal repair

aspiring

Reaction score
hi,i recently bought a wr450 and whilst giving it a good check over when i got it home i discovered a fork seal was leaking quite badly.after a look around on the net i found the "seal mate" its basically a thin piece of plastic used for cleaning dirt from under the seals which the makers reckon is the problem with nine out of ten dirtbike fork seals.just do a search for seal mate on ebay and the advert contains an instructional video on how to use it and shows the results.i was a little sceptical myself but thought for less than a fiver delivered it wasnt much to lose.anway i can confirm it works,so it saved me money and an evening in a cold garage so im well pleased with it,and even people who arn"t very mechanically minded can now repair thier own fork seals.i think im supposed to add that i have no affiliation or personal interests with the company or product,just hope it helps a few people save time and money

It seems fine for cleaning the dirt out as you say and re-seating the 'lip' of the seal. Their YouTube videos are a bit wobbly and amateur mind you.
Problem is that it does not 'repair' torn fork seals that Joe Soap has because his bike's fork legs are rusty and pitted. That's likely to be their biggest problem as it does what the guys have intended but yer average Joe will expect some kind of miracle cure...

good points well made,thanks for adding that before i got myself shot down.i should have made that clearer in my original post.

Back
Top Bottom