nec show

nadeem

Who else is planning on going to B'ham for the show in November?

Certainly am!

.!!only trouble is I'll have a bunch of 12 teenage mutant ninja dirtbags in tow (no not me own!!). Youth day on 9th November and managed to wangle 12 tickets for the older kids.

Always trying to find some way of making my work more enjoyable!! This is one. The next would be to get out of teaching altogether!

Yep it really can be that bad in today's secondary moderns,comps, city academies or technology colleges (call 'em what you will - any hifaluting name change is still a bit like putting a band aid on weeping sore) in my experience anyway.

a disgruntled member of the profession looking for a way out.

Perhaps I'll take some spare copies of my CV up to the show!!

Marty
Forget this "profession" crap, we are just employees like any other council worker.
They trot out "professional" when they want something for nothing!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Yet another disgruntled teacher.

Rod

Hi Nadeem,

I'll be there on Press day (4th Nov) and one other day the following week.

Last show I was the only person who arrived on two wheels during Press day, sad or what!

I understand there's to be under cover parking for bikes this year so it should be an easy task to fasten all the bargains onto the bike, rather than getting everything PWT'd.

regards

Reggie AKA The Cameraman

will have to get a press pass as well...and I will turn up on two wheels...!

If someone gets me a Press pass I turn up on 2 wheels too. Matbe we could make it a club rideout. I'll even bring my pro camera gear and try and look like the Press.

I bet they'll screw you (£££'s) for parking there. Bas**rds!!

Steve B

I bet they'll screw you (£££'s) for parking there. Bas**rds!!

Always been free for bikes in the past. Do you know something or just being pessimistic? Seems a bit unfair to start name calling at this stage.

Paul

Ill be there, probably the 12th.

I go every year on two wheels, rain or storm - usually rain!

Parking has in recent years been excellent and free. It is very well organised and pretty secure. They check you in with your registration number and your surname then give you a ticket.

When you leave you give them the ticket which they look up to ensure the reg matches then they ask you your surname to ensure that ties up as well.

Parking is undercover and directly opposite the main entrances, so not far to waddle in your kit!

Should be some interesting new metal there as well, including the new sprint.

nec

i will be going on sat 6th and as oddball has stated it is very well organised as i was there last year but the undercover parking area (warehouse) fills up rather quickly especially weekends so its best to arrive early
cliff

Going up on the sunday 7 november in the van if any lifts needed from the Cirencester area.

ANDY

Always been free for bikes in the past. Do you know something or just being pessimistic? Seems a bit unfair to start name calling at this stage.

Sorry mate, bad taste from past experiences when visiting in the car. Swore I'd never go back to that venue as I don't think you should pay (extortionate prices) to visit a venue that is simply design to be accessed by vehicle. Not been on bike so glad to hear they treat us with a bit more respect. I stand corrected and will be glad to go this time.

Going up.......in the van

Andy

Intending to buy lots of stuff then?

Steve B

I must say, I had my eyes opened at Daytona in March. The 'Vendor's Area' - the equivalent of the main halls at the NEC, had free parking and free entry. When I mentioned that we had to pay to park and for entry in the UK, they all fell about laughing. When I though about it, they're right - why do we pay to go into what, effectively, is a shop?

Mike:)

ps Every year, there are a load of 'what a load of crap I'll never go again' posts here just after the show - perhaps because the UK weather is so crap in November, people seem to forget & go anyway. I know I did last year :yelrotflm

Back
Top Bottom