Muddy Back

paulgoy

Reaction score
Had a day laning on saturday around Melton Mowbray on the xchallenge,we had a great day the bike performed well a pleasure to ride ,however my bike has a tail tidy and i carried quite a bit of melton mud home with me on my back!! so much i had to get my lad to pressure wash me when i got home!
the problem i,ve got is the bike only came with the tail tidy so can,t put the original back on.
Two Questions
Does anyone have the original i could buy? or has anybody or is anybody using the touratech rear spray guard as this looks a bit longer than mine ,or would i have the same problem with it!

Paul:thumb2

Paul,

I have a TT sprayguard sitting around not doing very much. Send me a PM if you're interested in buying it.

I didn't notice any more dirt being thrown up when it was fitted, but then I've never ridden many muddy lanes on my XCh.

Cheers,

Ian.

Only way to stop it, is to re-fit the OEM one and you'll fis the problem

The piece of plastic from BMW is about £30

Most of the mud/water comes up each side of the seat, not up the back of the bike. Sure, the tail tidy adds to the problem, but even in standard trim some mud/water will be get to you.
I guess the fender design team were new to the business, as the oem front fender is shite too.....:D

Thanks for responses,think the way forward may be OEM one for winter and tail tidy for summer as it looks much better
And yes front mudguard not the best either but that's another job on the list!
Really enjoying the bike though more than capable for all the lanes near me and looking forward to using it alot this winter

Thanks for responses,think the way forward may be OEM one for winter and tail tidy for summer as it looks much better
And yes front mudguard not the best either but that's another job on the list!
Really enjoying the bike though more than capable for all the lanes near me and looking forward to using it alot this winter

Best solution for the front guard is to fit a TT beak extender, not cheap but it works

Main problem with the rear is the lack of side panel on the fuel cap side, as Timpo says and all other enduro bikes have sidepanels, so less crap is flung up

:beerjug:
Best solution for the front guard is to fit a TT beak extender, not cheap but it works

Main problem with the rear is the lack of side panel on the fuel cap side, as Timpo says and all other enduro bikes have sidepanels, so less crap is flung up

Thanks for advice that was the route I was planning for the front,
How is the mesh you fitted coping with mud?

:beerjug:

Thanks for advice that was the route I was planning for the front,
How is the mesh you fitted coping with mud?

Fine, keeps out a lot of the crap from the rad & I make sure I clean the rad everytime I've been trailriding ! Fan doesn't cut in very often

cant say i've had a problem with muck being flung out the side but have wondered if the race number plate holder from tt would solve that little issuette:nenau

cant say i've had a problem with muck being flung out the side but have wondered if the race number plate holder from tt would solve that little issuette:nenau

It would, but it looks so rubbish, a top from an icecream tub would serve a similar purpose and look equally sophisticated:blast...................whilst being 99% cheaper:D

Not one of there better products:eek

Best thing is to remove the TailTidy and refit the OEM light holder, it improves the mudfling by about 80%

TailTidy by R&G

WhiteHorse1.jpg

OEM BMW

RomanRoad6.jpg

Cam3.jpg

These pics illustrate it perfectly & the BMW one has been re-fitted by me:thumb

It would, but it looks so rubbish, a top from an icecream tub would serve a similar purpose and look equally sophisticated:blast...................whilst being 99% cheaper:D

Not one of there better products:eek

Best thing is to remove the TailTidy and refit the OEM light holder, it improves the mudfling by about 80%

TailTidy by R&G

WhiteHorse1.jpg

OEM BMW

RomanRoad6.jpg

B]

WhiteHorse1.jpg

OEM BMW

RomanRoad6.jpg

Cam3.jpg
/Cam3.jpg[/IMG]

These pics illustrate it perfectly & the BMW one has been re-fitted by me:thumb
Thanks for pictures and to be fair I don't think it looks alot worse with the OEM
refitted
When it's wet ,muddy and cold keeping as clean as you can is a big help
Hopefully I won't require jet washing after my next ride!
:thumb2

Thanks for pictures and to be fair I don't think it looks alot worse with the OEM
refitted
When it's wet ,muddy and cold keeping as clean as you can is a big help
Hopefully I won't require jet washing after my next ride!
:thumb2

To be fair Pic 1, with the TailTidy was taken in August and it was pretty dry and the last 2, with the OEM were taken in Feb, when it was muddy and you can see how clean the blue seat was, so your back does stay 80% cleaner with it

Back
Top Bottom